or Connect

Posts by EdnaMarie

And frankly... that is probably one of the main reasons I became a heretic and then a universalist/transcendentalist/whatever.  I haven't met ONE, not ONE person that can explain it without using imperfect metaphors.  I have spoken to the Orthodox, Baptists, Lutherans, Episcopalians, Catholics, Quakers, Amish, lots and lots and lots of Christians and none of them can explain it any better than "He is three and one at the same time".   Maybe the Trinity is waiting for...
8o  Well, now that's all I see.  What I thought is, what a skinny pregnant lady, I was thin but not that thin.  Surprised that MDC had such a... I dunno... stereotypical female image on there.  
    Then please read it again.   I mistrust gifted education *to give a child a sense of self that will carry them through good times and bad*.   I mistrust gifted education *as an answer to helping a child find themselves*.   I mistrust gifted education *as a way to "deal" with a gifted child's problems, when those problems do not stem from the intellect, per se, but rather, just being different, or bored*.   I am not AT ALL against gifted education or supplementary...
Physmom, you're my hero.   To all... I guess to me, this is a SPECIFIC question, not about how to help a gifted child "in general* with academics.  It's a question of self-worth, of general direction in life.  Naturally a child who is bored at school should be given other opportunities!  I DO wish I'd had some other opportunities.  But this post, to my mind, is not about that.  Because no matter how much you do for your kids, there will be disappointments.  Always.  Life...
Everyone here does "Miss" but I make my kids use "Ms."  I'm all for polite forms of address, but "miss" rings false to me, too.  I mean... I'm old, I'm married, I don't need to be called "Miss".   And I agree... she should have used one of the options presented!
Looks like a beautiful sleeping toddler to me.  My babies sleep like that, too.  It's so hard to resist kissing them when they are all peaceful like that.    
I love yours and have a similar one of my DD on vacation, leaping towards a rock in the water...   Mine was made using a "make your own superhero" thing on the Internet, LOL! I thought, hm, what can represent me, supermom? So armed with irony and a desire to put off doing the dishes, I made a super-me, complete with big boobs, a cape representing superness, "head gear" (totally random, I just thought it added to the superness), the atom representing my mad cooking...
Unsanitary and unhealthy: who keeps their kid in urine-soaked clothes?  You could get a rash.  Sorry, you have an accident, the consequence is changing clothes and yes you have to leave for a short time.  That's not a punishment, that's life.   We live in a pretty rural area.  I like the idea of picking up a cheap pair of leggings and underwear at the nearest dollar store or whatever.  Or borrowing clothes, even!  I would totally loan extra clothes, if I had them, to...
Oh, and FWIW... I personally would consider any person that considered Jesus to be God, a Christian, regardless of her understanding, heretical or nonexistent or whatever, of the trinity.  I have never heard it explained the same way once and I think that most Christians unknowingly hold heretical beliefs about it, LOL.  There was a popular televangelist, I forget who, a woman, who caused a big ruckus by basically propagating this massively heretical doctrine, I think it...
    That is the Sabellian heresy.  :D  One person.  Jesus is God, but He is God the Father, He just looks different at that point in time.