or Connect

Posts by EdnaMarie

That's what I thought *this thread* was about.   I thought *this thread* was about the value she put on herself, how she was able to make decisions and career choices, and so on.  About what kind of person she became, despite the way her dad treated her, basically as a vehicle for her intellect, which was just wrong.   I didn't think this was about how to find the right school or education, because the right school or challenges are not what is going to help this...
If you google "chicken saag" or "lamb saag" or the like, you will get a lot of great recipes for spinach curries, because "saag" means "spinach" in Hindi and Urdu.  ;)
I don't think they're mutually exclusive.  Are you part of the union?  You can get the shot, saying you believe that your working without a mask is in the best interest of your patients (psychological comfort of seeing your face as well as not worrying about why people are wearing masks) and that you can't leave your patients or the hospital, and at the same time ask the union to support you, based on this precedent.  You will probably have to sue, but as soon as a...
I was totally in love with this guy, he was from a different culture but incredibly hot and said all the right words.  After we'd been together awhile, when we were really serious, all of a sudden he started to try and get me to participate in these messed up "business" schemes, which basically involved him buying random stuff on e-bay and sending it home to be sold by one of his relatives, keeping in mind that none of his relatives agreed to this and rarely sold the...
I haven't seen any studies, but I'm placing my bets on raw.  Though, I did not realize there were that many veggies that were better cooked than raw.   I personally like them wilted over my eggs in the morning.  If I have two eggs, and cover them completely with spinach and grate parmesan over them, I am in heaven after about five minutes.  It's my easy way to get my spinach in.   Also, in a salad with walnuts, cranberries, olive oil, and feta... ahhhh...
I think it's the type of insulation used in duck boots, Lynn.  Isn't it some fuzzy stuff?  Not much substance at all.  It's what I have in my slippers, LOL.  So I agree.
Thanks, Jessica!  For now I'm just clicking and unclicking "source", LOL.  I don't know why that works...
Hi!   Well... I'm not exactly a Unitarian Universalist, but it's closest to what I am, and I guess it's inclusive enough to include me, LOL.   I became a Christian in high school, and I think I always wondered if it was the peace of God I felt, or the peace of certainty.  Nonetheless I was convinced that the Bible was true, and that provided an anchor in my life.  However, recently I've had the chance to practice classical Christianity as I understood it, as well...
    Yes, it's natural for the brain to make associations based on what the eyes see, BUT!  First of all, we can train ourselves to look at people for who they really are, so we aren't unconsciously reinforcing our own stereotypes all the time.  (e.g. the waitress that doesn't give the time of day to bikers... and therefore gets poor tips in return, but not because they don't have money, just because she truly gave them poor service).  Second of all, it's basic morality to...
I voted "other" because I'm not happy with what is going on in our family, so I kind of didn't want to report on my role as one that should somehow be taken as a model.   In my opinion, it's reasonable for one parent to do all the cooking, IF the other is helping with other things, such as giving the kids a bath.  I would consider that a reasonable division of duties.  Once the WOHP comes home, then the jobs should be split, because the SAHP has been working with the...