or Connect

Posts by Sonnenwende

Shop around for estimates on dental work if you don't have insurance. I recently saved $700 on a root canal w/crown doing this. Totally worth the time. Often dentists will see new patients or give estimates/second opinions for free, so just ask when you start calling around.
If someone has a Bachelor's degree or higher period, they are ineligible for a pell grant. They are only eligible for student loans and work-study. If they want to be a teacher, there is a TEACH grant available. If only an associate degree has been earned, that is a different story.
There actually is a thread already. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=652903 I have had hardly any interest in having more than one child since I was pregnant and none at all since a few months before my husband had a vasectomy. That was over two years ago and I still have no regrets at all. I am done, done, done, done.
Welcome aboard!
Quote: Originally Posted by AngeliqueW People say some funny dumb stuff. DH just got lectured by coworkers about how if we don't expose DS to TV, he wont "get socialized." Ummm he plays with other kids... Yeah, the assumption that they never see other children their own age kills me. My daughter has been in full day daycare since 13 months and just recently started preschool. Oh wonder, she's great with other kids and there are almost never...
Quote: Originally Posted by Molck That sucks, Megamus. Hope you're feeling better soon. Me too. And if I had a dollar for every time I said 'Thank whatever I only have one!', I'd be the richest woman on the planet.
I wish I knew why people think that if kids don't have siblings they will never learn how to properly deal with other people and won't be good at compromise and cooperation.
Quote: Originally Posted by Seie I know several one-child families and I sometimes think - Goodness - the attention they are giving that kid is unhealthy! Dont get me wrong. I remember only having one child. I remember how BIG a deal it was to only have one. But now I have three and I really AM a better mother now. Sure my kids dont get as much one-on-one time as they would if I only had one. But they learn to live with other people. They learn that...
Forgot to add if he does have a BA/BS, he can still file for FASFA, but would only be eligible for federal loans and work-study.
If your husband doesn't have a BS/BA already, he could file for FASFA and see what he would get in a Pell Grant and work-study. He should be able to do a change of circumstances with financial aid if his EFC is high, since your husband will be no longer working. If he is planning on starting now and has not done FASFA, it is probably too late for most state grants, but he could shoot for next year. I'm in the same situation you are. My husband started going full-time to...