or Connect

Posts by bec

It sounds very scary, Nic!  I'm glad everyone is safe.   Real - I watched that video.  My jaw dropped.  Really??   These are adults.  Hopefully, some good will come of it, though, as they show their true stripes.   Nic - I agree with the others about investing time in yourself.  Your kids will see that and know that they should also do that when they are adults.  It is setting a good example, even if it is difficult on the family.   RR: I finally got my bike set up...
It is solo & ensemble! Katie did it last year and it was positive, overall. I'm nervous for my middle because she is nervous. I had a dream last night that we were getting ready to go and I could not find a clock that would tell me the right time. Every clock had a different time. That school board meeting sounds awful. Regardless of where you stand on the issue, let the man speak his piece. Not ok.
Nic - Oh, my on the naked ladies!  Yes, I don't get that either! But, you totally rocked out that event!  I was wondering, too, why they didn't just do it in waves.  And reserve 8 treadmills, with 2 ellipticals if someone really wants that (really, who prefers an elliptical though?!).   Gaye - I am loving reading your baby stories (especially since we aren't getting Jen's anymore).  As far as Valentine's Day, I gave a total random gag gift as DH's any my first Valentine...
Yes to SS!!   Sparkle - My parents have owned several Pyrenees.  They are...strong willed, quirky dogs.  I hope you find a good fit for your dog!   Plady - I hope the pukey cat stops.  Have a fabulous trip!!   RR: Went to the gym last night to run on the mill with a friend.  In spite of forgetting my earbuds and having to run without tunes, it was a really good 3 miles.  I think part of my problem was that I am starting to break in a brand new pair of Newton's.  Bad...
I think those executive functioning skills are some of the hardest, most elusive skills to learn.  I just wrote a long email to Katie's band teacher (He's a long term sub for the regular teacher who is out on maternity leave, and this is his first job...like ever, so he is very young) about how she really isn't being lazy or apathetic, just that it is over the top hard for her to adjust on the fly when her whole routine has been disrupted (snow day after snow day after...
BBM - Forward motion, no matter how slow, is still forward.  Keep on trucking!
I love the organizational information.  The schools do similar things around here.  But, they seem so darned secretive about it!  It is like pulling teeth to get any kind of communication and updates from some of them.  It's frustrating, and I am still learning to be assertive with the teachers and really push for the information that should be shared with me.    Nic - I am so excited for your first Tri!  I agree that indoor tris are not any less challenging.  In some...
I will catch up more properly later today (hopefully).  But wanted to say a big GO, GO, GO Dingo to Nic!    About to head to the pool and a run on the mill.    Also, I have thoughts about SAD, Common Core, Math, test taking and the tightrope dance we do as parents. 
Flu shots - We have been meaning to all get them.  Maybe I will have DH do that with them on Sunday, and I'll get it after I get back from my trip.   Trip!  I'm going to run away from the cold for a long weekend in Phoenix with my BFF.  I'm excited to see her, and to have warm sun on my face!   NRR - My community has been absolutely devastated in the last few days.  On Tuesday, we got a phone call that the schools had been put on a hard lockdown for 20 minutes.  This...
Oh, JayGee!  I hear you!  I am picking everything!  There is nothing but hair on those kids' heads!    The weather is starting to get to me.  I'm tired, I'm cranky, and it is hovering around zero (not including the windchill).  The only days it has been sunny have been bitterly cold, so no way to get outside.  I am heading for a weekend of sun in Phoenix on Friday, though, so hoping that will be able to carry me through to April!   I took the kids to a climbing wall...