or Connect

Posts by bec

Nic - What about a Galloway method for a marathon?  I'm sorry you are injured.  It sucks.  It really does. And be easy on yourself with the fasting.  You and your body is not used to this hot weather.  To need to drink water during the day is not a mental failure.  It is a biological necessity.  Be gentle with yourself.   JG - I hate it when mean girls turn into mean adults.  Will Jr. High never end?  Just know that there are a lot of Dingos that would pick you over...
Thanks for the advice!  I think this is an actual virus, as opposed to taper madness (where everything just hurts.  I have that too! ).  I had a chiropracter once tell me to take 1000 mg of vit. C every 2 hours until "bowel tolerance".  I think that ended up around 4000mg.  Anyway, forcing liquids, will do the lemon thing.  May also get honey and do the lemon in tea with honey.  And definitely going to bed early.  This just cannot happen! 
JG -   I so understand.  This has really happened to me all my life too.  It is to the point that when people make what sounds like an invitation, I have to really clarify that they are actually inviting me. I don't understand it either.    Poison Ivy - I've never had it.  Thank goodness!!!  I hope you are feeling better, Towson!    So, it looks like I have a cold.  Some sort of chest coughing thing.  I am taking allergy pills (Allegra) daily and started...
I have 3 girls (so don't know if this will be helpful to you).  My oldest, while she has some definite gifts, they are not as measurable in an academic scale.  She also has some disabilities (ADHD, Dyscalculia, some working memory issues), so is on an IEP.  She has a March birthday, and is doing quite well in her grade level and is about in the middle age wise.  DD2, does not have these disabilities, has a December birthday and skipped 1st grade.  This was the first...
Thanks for the thoughts on my mom.  She is out of the hospital.  Not much to report.  Most of the tests showed that there was nothing wrong.  There is scarring on her lungs (mom didn't say how much, and I suspect she would downplay it), but she reports that they aren't sure what it would be from (umm, 50 years of smoking maybe?), and she has a minimal amount of fluid around her heart.  Apparently, the cardiologist really wasn't concerned about that.  So, she will get a...
Shanti -   Love, peace and a healthy tummy to you!   Kerc - Anything is better than nothing.  And riding on not full tires (even if they aren't flat) is so much harder, so that counts as more than just 7 miles!   Geo - Lay low and feel better.   Mom update: She is out of the hospital.  They couldn't find much wrong with her.  There was scarring on her lungs (duh, 50 years of smoking will do that), and there was a small amount of fluid in her heart (doctors...
Go for it Real! They are so much fun! And if you are already riding 15 and swimming 550 yards, you are ready for a sprint! Mommajb - way to go for your DS!!!! That's a fabulous accomplishment. I often approach my life with a "wwadd" (what would a dingo do) approach. Gaye - I am, as always, amazed at the grace you are able to handle your XH. NRR - My mom called me yesterday that she was in the emergency room, waiting to be admitted for not being able to breath and for...
Thank you Sparkle!  I was wanting to see something new tonight!
JayGee - I didn't see your original post, but wanted to give you some hugs anyway.  I feel like you and I have a lot of similar food issues.  Goodness knows I have struggled with my weight and my relationship with food most of my life.  I hope you find something that works for you to help feel at peace with yourself and food.  As far as leaving kids alone, we are starting to leave my 9.5 year old alone for 30-40 minutes at a time with her 7.5 year old sister.  The 12...
Wow, Sparkle!!!  That is an amazing report!  Your daughter has a LOT to be proud of.  I totally get how frustrating it is, though, to lose 3 places due to, what amounts to a technicality.