or Connect

Posts by bec

RR: I'm going to start by saying that redemption tastes sweet.  But, it was hard won.  I woke up at 4am (not going to be sorry to not see THAT time again, after the race!).  Went out early to get some extra mileage with the group before coming back and meeting the larger bike group for 40 more miles.  52+ miles when all was said and done on the bike. The bike felt really good.  Honestly, I could have gone another 50.  Then, a pretty leisurely transition, grabbed middle...
Blech on the AFR!!!  'nough said!   Jo - I hope this apartment is fabulous.  It seems that each year things get a bit better.    RR: Tri class this morning.  Total disaster.  It was supposed to be about a 1.5 mile swim, followed by a 3 mile run.  Twice across the lake and back.  I made it across, but halfway, was feeling very hot, dizzy, nauseous and wheezy.  I took the wet suit off once I got across, but just didn't feel any better.  Our turn around point was a...
Plady - So scary!  I am glad your daughter is all right and that the other girl is going to be fine, but wow!    Our last wave of house guests has left.  I'm spending the next half hour enjoying my quiet home ( I need to be reminded sometimes just how quiet my kids really are! ), before bringing them all to the doctor for well child visits (well, one of them probably has an ear infection, but mostly well) and sports physicals.  We had a pretty good 4th.  No...
Real - What an awesome time!  And congrats on the age group medal!  I can only dream and live vicariously through my dingos!   Gaye - Have a fabulous time!   Plady -  There might be a reason whipped cream in a can is not allowed here!   RR: 26.5 miles on the bike.  It was very chilly this morning!  Barely 60 degrees.  On July 3.  There has to be a middle ground between last summer and this!    Also, Map My Whatever sent me a mid-year report.  I don't do...
RR: between dd and my other friend, I got almost 6 miles in today. So, I'm feeling good about that. Tomorrow morning is a crazy early ride, and, maybe a swim in the evening. I am having more houseguests, so that might not happen. Fingers crossed.
mommajb - I fall into that all the time with eating.  I know the right way to do it, I know I feel better when I eat well, and I know what my triggers are.  But, sometimes that knowledge just isn't enough.    RR: 2.3 miles with DD2 for her 30 minute run.  I will do another few miles with my C25k buddy in a little bit.  Hoping for 5 for the day.
I totally agree with Geo (not surprising).  Both on the pace/speed, and on dialing it back to 30 seconds.  You can do that for a week, even 2 before moving up to the 60 seconds (you could put a 45 second run segment in there if you need to spread it out more).  Another idea, if it is the time that is bothering her, is to pick a spot to run to that is roughly 30-60 seconds away.  I have found with Katie, that giving her a landmark to spot on helps keep her motivation up...
I really picked the wrong summer to not garden!  Of course, it probably would have not made that much of a difference (other than the weeds would have been magnificent), and I barely have time for laundry, let alone anything else.   NRR: I am taking a total rest day today.  Slept in late (7:30), went out to breakfast with my dear friend that is visiting from Arizona, and just trying to chill a bit.    I try to go to Costco during the week.  I hate the crowds and...
Go with the guy that makes you laugh, Gaye!   RR - big workout yesterday, big workout today.  It was 52 miles on the bike today.  I was supposed to follow that with a 4 mile run, which would have coincided with Emily's 4 mile run that she needed to do today.  After the bike, though, I totally bonked.  I was, however, able to pull it together long enough to ride my hybrid while she ran next to me. It was obviously an easy end to the morning.  Emily tore her run up,...
Thanks for all the support, jumping up and down, and validation on the weight thing.  It probably is too much cardio to lose weight.  It's just so hard when I have spent an entire lifetime being told that "if I just got more active..." to believe that I'm not doing something wrong.  And, my diet is relatively clean, all whole grain, pretty low carb, high veggie, high protein (maybe too much protein?).  I am not sure I know what expert I would go to.  Personal trainer? ...