or Connect

Posts by bec

Geo - I have had my thyroid checked recently, but nothing else.    RR: 3 miles done.  86 degrees.  Hot and hot!  But, done and done.  We are going to the beach in a bit, so I will try to get a swim in as well.
JG - I'm so sorry you didn't have better news.    Jo - Definitely step away from the scale.  I have been struggling with weight, well, all my adult life.  Right now, I am the heaviest I have been for a few years.  And the weight doesn't seem to be budging, in spite of a pretty consistent good diet (maybe a bit too much alcohol for calorie purposes).  And, I would think the sheer amount of exercise I have been doing would make SOME difference.  I do 2+ hour workouts...
Resolution for tomorrow.  I will run.  Just sayin.
Good insights, as always, Geo.  These are the things that have been running through my head.  As a leader, I can't just bite the kid's head off.  I did make it clear to the ones doing the excluding that cliques were not going to be tolerated.  We may be having some serious work on friendship and kindness.  I know this is the age, and know that it isn't a huge deal.  It just sucks when it is your kid.
Thunderstorms and a traveling spouse are conspiring against me.  Not to mention a messy house, with guests to arrive in a few days.    On the not entirely RR side, but not entirely sedentary side, I took my kids with my GS coleader and her kids and our Junior scouts (only 2 more kids) to Old World Wisconsin yesterday.  It was pretty cool.  The kids all loved it.  And it was huge, so it was an entire day of walking around, pushing a toddler in a stroller (coleader's...
Yes, we are a family of hams.  My husband is a general and middle DD and I are Techs.  The bookend kids are wanting to study for their tech as well.  No doubt about it, we are totally a family of giant nerds.      I am wishing you a visit of zen-like calm.  I would probably have a giant fit if I saw some kids being favored over others, too.  It would probably get pretty ugly, actually.   I meant to add earlier that I have been keeping up with the 100 squats.  I haven't...
Gaye - I saw your Race Report on FB.  Awesomely well done!    Kerc - I would have been highly irritated at the missed bike ride too.  I hope he made it up to you!   Ironman - Hmmm, I think this last marathon kind of took all the wind out of my sails for a full Ironman.  I just cannot fathom doing that after having biked 110 miles.  On the other hand, my biking has gotten so much stronger this summer, maybe it might be something I could do.  I would want to do a...
Geo - I'm glad progress is being made in your DS' evaluation!    Jo - I hope everyone is feeling better soon.  My middle DD has a cough right now, that I can't figure out if it is a cold or allergies.  It's been going on for a while, so I'm leaning towards allergies.   JG - I would totally get up and out the door at 4:40 for a run with you!   Busy - Yes!  It has been crazy!  I feel like we have this pressure to get all of the summer fun we can get in because...
Most days, I just feel like I'm a nut.  I'm trying to learn to be more gracious about accepting compliments, though.      Speaking of inspiring, though, I was quoted in the paper!  This is about the tri group that I train with.  The article is about a 65 year old lady that placed 3rd in her age group at a local tri.  She is a fabulous woman and I am always inspired by her drive and spunk. ...
RR: Early AM bike ride.  27+ miles.  By early, I mean wheels rolling from my house at 4:40 am.  I needed to get it done and back home before 7 am.  I'm watching a friend's kids while she takes one of her kids to the doctor (she has 4).  The youngest is 17 months, so, Abby is getting her baby fix in (she adores little ones).  I'm hoping for a nap this afternoon, and then a run with my couch to 5k buddy (she has some scheduling conflicts this week, so tonight is one of the...