or Connect

Posts by CourtBChase

I am so incapable of typing these days, but it was nice to read all your updates!  My little Henry is 3 months (and a couple weeks?  Poor third children) and is so stinking cute now.  Sleep has been really weird and inconsistent.  He will fall asleep on his own if I catch him at the right time, and he tends to be a pretty happy kid, but I never know if he is going to sleep 6 hours at bedtime, or 2.  It makes it hard for me to settle down in the evening.  I followed some...
Jenny- the night I started with early labor (2 nights before Henry came) I was so anxious I had to do deep breathing all evening to keep myself from hyperventilating.  I have had two pretty good, pretty straightforward births, but I also had some really vivid memories of the most intense of my contractions from the last time around, and I think I was psyching myself out thinking about it.  When labor actually started, I was totally able to manage it, and we did fine.  My...
I love reading everyone's stories!  Welcome Kira!   I find writing in the midst of chaos (ie, our house with three children under 5, 100% of the time) to be challenging, but I will attempt to write down what I remember of Henry's arrival before it fades...   On Thursday Dec 12, I started to have my first painful semi regular contractions.  Because my last two births had been fairly straight forward and quick, and because we were worried about childcare and making it to...
Millerin- Are you in Worcester?  Someone offered to go get that for me last week, but baby came on his own last Saturday, just ahead of the storm.  My last came during a storm also, so perhaps there is something to that, if you are already just about ready to go?  I hope you all are holding your sweet babies soon!
We are day 4 postpartum, and I am definitely still getting the angt of all this again. My milk came in this morning, which has made Henry a little more easily satisfied, but I am still so run down, and I can't remember how we ever got our other two to sleep in the co-sleeper. I think swaddling helped them sleep decent chunks, and it currently just make him mad. I lost a fair amount if blood after my labor, and opted not to have a transfusion so I am sure that is just...
Henry Francis is here! Born 12/14, 8 lbs 2.5 oz in the hallway of the hospital. When he was ready, there was no stopping him! So glad to be home and blessedly not pregnant.
Well my two days of prodromal labour turned into actual labor late Friday night/Saturday morning. Woke up to contractions around 1 am, but was confused and tried to go back to sleep. 2 am my water broke and Henry Francis was born 2 hours later. We made it to the hospital, barely! So glad we had my in-laws head up on Thursday, it made everything go much more smoothly. Good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope your babies are on their way!
I guess add me to the prodromal/slow start labor camp.  Spent a horrid night last night with intermittent contractions and lots and lots of pooping.  So gross.  Didn't go away with warm bath, couldn't fall asleep until 4 am.  The by morning seemed fine again.  Went to my various appointments today, and around 1:30 things started up again, probably every 20-30 min contractions that are fairly uncomfortable, but not anything like later labor contractions.  It is very...
Feeling labory this evening.  Called hubby home from work early, took a long tub while 2 year old napped and 4 year old watched Caillou.  We also decided to have the in-laws come up from NJ.  Hopefully it picks up overnight, but I am 40+2, so I imagine in the next week or so anyway, and having them here will make the waiting easier, I hope. 
No debate here, either!  I just wanted to give another perspective for all the other super pregnant lurking mamas.  It definitely totally varies by area and hospital!