or Connect

Posts by CourtBChase

That is terrible about the midwife.  And I want to disagree with the comment about hospital midwives being just like OBs.  I am sure that is true some of the time, but not necessarily.  The hospital we birth at has a large midwife practice (about 12 midwives in all) and they really run the show there.  They are by far more popular than the OB group, and their supportive "with woman" approach is definitely the norm there.  They encourage you to write a birth plan, they...
I am still here.  I was feeling for a while like a ticking time bomb, but I think I have resigned myself to being pregnant indefinitely.  Om.  Trying to just enjoy my kids, and not freak out about housework, or our increasingly mediocre diet.  My daughter is starting kindergarten next year, and the registration process in our town involves up to 7! meetings, 6 school tours (if you haven't narrowed it down somehow before that), and a lottery, all of which gets under way...
Roisin, I love the running analogy.  I have been very mood swingy/on edge lately too!  39w+3 today, had a midwife appointment, and my uterus is measuring 36, from 37 two weeks ago.  She didn't seem concerned, though, just figured the baby had dropped more.  I didn't know that was possible (because I feel like I have been walking around with a baby between my legs for a month), but I guess it is a reasonable conclusion.  I swing between needing to do all the things, and...
I had it with my first (bloody show, and a big obvious mucus plug in the toilet, along with loose stools, the whole nine yards).  the second, nothing, just that constipated feeling and then regular contractions.  I have no idea what to expect this time!  It definitely seems like it is different for each pregnancy/woman.
Lida- the day I went into labor with my second, I went to a midwife appointment and told them nothing was going on yet (we didn't do any internal exams), went out to lunch with my husband and tried to use the bathroom like 4 times, complaining I was so constipated, what the heck.  It seriously took me all day to realize it was even maybe related to labor.  Hopefully that means you are getting close!
First Baby- Just shy of a year, charting the entire time (and we had charted to avoid for 15 months prior to our wedding).  Perfect timing as far as I could tell, not entirely sure why it took so long.  Very stressful.  We used a fertility monitor in addition to charting near the end, but it just confirmed what we had already figured out.   Second baby- 4 cycles, 2 with the monitor (no charting).   Third baby- Basically instantaneous.  We talked about it a lot (to have...
Disappeared from the thread for a while again.  We are getting so close, it will be December on Sunday!  Sounds like I am in the same place as everyone else, lots of braxton hicks/random cervical pains/crampiness/constant needing to pee.  I am pretty much ready for this baby to come now, though we have a cleaning service coming to do a deep clean on Thursday, so maybe after that would be best.   Anablis- My second was born posterior.  I was at the hospital for about 45...
http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/164520/popular_baby_monitors_recalled_after   This is due to entaglement/strangulation in the cords, so one I would take seriously.  
I actually have a picture for once!        Just shy of 37 weeks.  Running out of clothing that actually covers all my skin.
He is amazing, Congrats!  Glad to hear you are home, and everyone is well.