or Connect

Posts by CourtBChase

I keep having feelings this is going to be an early baby too, but I think mine is mostly wishful thinking.  I have had so much more braxton hicks and pelvic pain than in past pregnancies, and the baby is soooooo low, but the experience of friends tells me that that can go on and on. My husband is starting a new job Nov 11, and they agreed to give him 2 weeks of PTO for the birth (thank god) so the baby coming before December would be non-ideal (for health insurance, and...
So speaking from my personal experience, coming of age in the 90's and learning to type on my own (it was not a taught in school thing, for me).  I think I played some freeware typing, type games where I learned the basic hand positions, and then lots of practice (writing papers, instant messaging, sending emails, etc) and at some point I realized I was touch typing and I was reasonably fast.  It was a pretty organic thing.  I probably wouldn't worry about it too terribly...
I am glad I am not the only one to feel this way when pregnant!  I think sometimes there is this mythology in our culture about how pregnancy is this amazing magical time, and we are supposed to be super connected and in love with our growing babies, and it feels...deviant when that is not your experience.  So thank you, ladies!   An intro post at the beginning of the next chat thread sounds like a good idea, and I bet there will be some due date babies (hopefully late)...
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/13/bed-rest-pregnancy-prematurity/2156619/  Here is one article!  I don't think I can access the actual study, but I am sure your Dr. can.  :-)
So not to question your Dr. (absolutely, listen to you Dr, before you listen to me!)  but have you seen any of the recent thoughts on bedrest?  I will try to find an article, but there is some question about whether it helps, and some concern that it may hurt (putting you at greater risk for blood clots and the various risks that generally come with inactivity).  May be worth talking to him about partial bedrest- doing less (less lifting toddlers for sure!) but maybe not...
OMG, the squishy baby ultrasound.  I love it.  My close friend had her second daughter 2 weeks ago, and we spent some time visiting with them yesterday.  As usual, I had totally forgotten how tiny and amazing newborns are.  Suddenly I am feeling really connected to this roly poly creature inside me.  I feel him move, and visualize that little newborn I just held, and it seems so real!  I may be unusual (or maybe not?) in that in my past pregnancies, I always felt really...
Ultrasound today- Placenta is good to go (2.75 cm, far enough!) and baby has his little head jammed against my cervix.  Good news for birthing, and probably explains why my pelvis is so darn sore.  Hopefully he stays head down from here on out!
We set up the changing table/anchored it to the wall yesterday, too.  I need to dig all the baby stuff out of the basement, wash it and figure out where it is going in my son's room (which is where the changing table lives).  Eventually, the baby will sleep there and he will move in with his older sister (I think).  Right now I can't imagine how either of them sleeping with another child would work.  I fear no one would ever sleep again, ever.  When do people normally get...
My daughter currently attends the world's most lovely and nurturing montessori preschool (ok I may be biased), but it is a 30 minute drive.  So and hour in the car with my 2 year old, and then 2.5 hours later we turn around and do it all over again (it's also in the middle of nowhere, so it isn't very feasible to find local things to do while she is at school).  When we originally enrolled her, it was more like 18 minutes (we moved) and somehow that extra 12 minutes (times...
He is beautiful, I am so glad to hear he is doing well.  4+ pounds is amazing, I hope he has a short and uneventful stay.