or Connect

Posts by CourtBChase

Same situation, re: my placenta.  I asked to hold off on the ultrasound until closer to delivery, just because I didn't want a *third* one, if it was still marginal.  But everything I have read makes it sound like it is very unlikely to be a problem unless it was *extremely* close or partially covering the cervix at 20 weeks- they basically all move away.  *fingers crossed for us both*
I am not really doing any birth prep either.  Mostly because it didn't seem to help much the first two times- I find birth (for me) is just a roller coaster I need to stay on for the ride.  I don't feel much like an active participant in the whole thing!  I had good, non-traumatic births, I just didn't feel very much like I could do anything other than exist in the moment.  So that is what I am expecting again.  I guess we will see!  I still need to have another ultrasound...
Majaji- I also love, love Bodhi, but can't convince my husband on that one.  I suspect we are going to be deciding in the hospital, as with our last two...
http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager#prefix=avery&ms=false&exact=false   Avery as a girl name appeared on the charts around the 1980s, and has since far surpassed boy Avery.  But both have been gaining steadily in popularity since the 80s and are at an all time high.  As a boy name, Avery has been around forever, apparently.  This tool is a little addictive.  
Avery is *much* more popular for girls than boys.  I believe it is in the top 20.  We are strongly considering it for our boy (because it has been a favorite of mine, for both genders, for years) but I am a little worried how it will be received on a boy, since it has swung so far in the girl direction in recent years.  We pride ourselves on being pretty gender neutral, and not buying into the boy/girl divide, but it's hard not to worry about teasing.  I am wondering if it...
I found this article on GBS helpful:  http://evidencebasedbirth.com/groupbstrep/  It is pretty extensive and I felt better educated about the actual risks and how it is handled in different parts of the world after reading it.  My bias is to refuse the anti-biotics, because I think the initial bacterial exposure that infants receive is really important, and I don't want to throw that balance off without cause.  *But* if something happened that made me higher risk (like my...
My daughter goes to school in Lancaster, but it is a Montessori program, which doesn't sound what you are looking for.  Several of my friends children attended a farm school, but I think it is further west than you are hoping for, in Paxton: http://www.tbtinc.org/programs/preschool-age-programs/  Good luck with your search!  
I am in denial about September.  How did that happen?  The 1 million percent humidity is not helping to convince me.
My baby to-do list is mostly house to-do, and I don't know that it is going to get finished.  But...   1- Clear stuff out of the Garage so we can actually park in it this winter (we moved in last September and all the furniture that didn't fit in the house is out there, plus various other things that need homes) 2- Finish Anchoring all the bookcases in the office and unpack the rest of books/games/DVDs 3- Buy Shades for all the windows in the house that still haven't...
I imagine school is about underway, and the decision is made, but I just want to agree that the 1 hr round trip commute thing is pretty miserable.  My girl started preschool last year at the world's most lovely montessori school.  At the time, about 15 minutes from home, and where we lived *all* the schools were 15 minutes from home.  Midway through the fall we sold our house and moved 10-15 minutes away (was not in the cards when we were making the preschool choice a...