or Connect

Posts by CourtBChase

Yeah, 45 bucks for the big bottle is about what is costs in the US too, probably a bit less if you can find it locally and do not need to ship.  I think Floradix is a German product, so I imagine that is why it is cheaper there.  It's expensive.  We basically considered it a prescription, since I couldn't tolerate the pills, and it is so effective and well absorbed.  In the US, if you midwife or OB writes you a prescription for it, it can be funded via an FSA (so pretax)...
http://nameberry.com/babyname/Luca  It's with a c in Italian.  Interesting that it is popular in Germany, it isn't really around here, I don't think, though I am hearing it more.
I have a 4 year old and a 23 month old.  The baby has been a bit more clingy, but I suspect it is because I have been doing less carrying and pushing him to do more for himself, like get his own shoes on, or pick up toys (because it *hurts* to bend over.  Ouch.).  He knows there is a baby "in mommy's belly",  but I don't think he has any idea what that means.  I worry a bit about how he will handle the transition because he is pretty strong willed, much more so than his...
Lidamama- were you doing Floradix supplementation at all as part of your food based iron consumption?  I cannot do the iron supplements (seriously, I swear I will never poop again when I take those things) and I have been anemic with both of my previous pregnancies (vegetarian who probably likes dairy a little too much, is my theory, though I always test fine non-pregnant).  Floradix helped the first time, and the second time I kept up with it after the birth and my...
We are still nameless over here.  Arlo was on my short list, along with Milo, but DH isn't thrilled with either of them.  I like Luka as well, but he thinks it's too Italian?  Never mind that he has a not insignificant percentage of Italian heritage.  We're just going to end up calling this kid number 3...
The Boba is really tall.  My almost two  year old can still ride in it with most of his back covered (though he now knows how to free his arms, and scrunch it under him).  I have the version before they added the weird snaps for newborns ( don't remember what generation that was, maybe 2?).  My friend has the newer one, and she didn't find that the newborn feature was very helpful for actual newborns (it was still a big carrier, and the baby kind of got lost in it).  The...
That would be fairly terrifying.  We heat with natural gas,  and can get places like the schools by foot/bike, my husband takes a train to work, so in theory we would get by without driving.  And our neighbor is an amazing gardener, so I would probably want to learn from her, so we could rely more on ourselves for food.  But the effect that would have on our entire civilization is...scary.  It would certainly change our patterns, as I do a lot of driving to stores and...
Semi-on topic.  I noticed a bunch of us are using Amazon wish lists.  Amazon has a baby registry feature (make a registry and then move the items in your wishlist, into the registry), if you buy anything off your registry within 30 days of your due date (I believe) they will give you an extra 10% off.  Seems to me like a good way to get a discount on things that are often not discounted much (like some of those nice strollers).  Also, I imagine you could fudge the date,...
Hi, Anablis!  Congratulations on your pregnancy!  Having the first is exciting, and also so weird.  I remember feeling a bit like I was growing some sort of alien parasite.  It kept moving and kicking me, and I couldn't sleep, and it just didn't really feel like a baby until she was born.       Roisin-  I would do the potty training, if she is showing signs of readiness, but I bias toward early training.  Everyone I know who trained at closer to 3 (or older than...
Michelle, that is such a hard thing to deal with, I am sorry that it continues to affect you so powerfully.  I have PTSD, and while the root causes are not the same, I can totally understand how something that is seemingly years in the past can continue to haunt your life years and years into the future.  I really struggled with finding a provider for my first birth because of these issues (I had actually never had a pap before I was pregnant, which I realize is...