or Connect

Posts by CourtBChase

Ok I couldn't find one set up in our room, but this is the general gist.  Toddler bed mode, and looking at it, we probably used just the mattress, no box spring.    Worked well for us.  :-)
Reading through everyone's fun baby prep.  For some reason I feel a mental block about making/buying/planning anything until our ultrasound in July.  Not sure why.  We needs lots of clothes (I have no idea where all my newborn stuff went, I must have given it away), an infant car seat and some new born sized diapers.   Re: co-sleeper for a floor bed set up: when my daughter and son outgrew our co-sleeper our solution was box spring/mattress on the floor, and our ikea...
I bet you could put a size three month snowsuit on a newborn and have it be fine, since it is going to go over other clothes.  Maybe a bit bulky, but it would keep them warm while youa re outside.  They can't be worn in carseats, so easy in and out might be a bonus.  Our going out plan is probably going to be a shower cap style cover for the infant bucket and blankets tucked in underneath.  I love to baby wear, and my July baby (where there were no other children to...
New England.  It will be chilly at least until March, probably won't really warm up until May.  How many of each clothing item do you think?  I'd love to do mostly wool longies, but I have never had those in newborn size, since they are expensive to buy, and I don't knit.  Do you do fitted diapers under them?  We were probably going to do mostly prefolds this time around, which I imagine doesn't mix well with wool, for  a newborn (since the poo is liquid).
I know it is kind of early, but I dragged out my 0-6 months box from the basement yesterday, and apparently I have almost nothing in newborn or 0-3 sizes.  A few summery dresses (not going to be helpful) and a couple pair of footies.  I think I must have loaned/given away a lot when my son was an infant (and not sleeping...funny how that can make you feel "done").  I will put out a general request for hand me downs once we announce things, but in case I don't get...
We bought an 8 passanger van (2011 , I think, or 12 oddyssey) when I was pregnant with my daughter.  It turned out to be really silly, As it turns out you can fit two carseats, even rearfacing, in the car we had (subaru forester), as long as you use the right carseats.  I discovered this when the van was undrivable after a monster snowstorm (snow tires solved that).  But it has been nice to be able to carpool with my friends when we go on field trips with the kids, and...
Michelle- That sounds crazy making!  My parents and I have a fairly distant relationship (they will go months without contacting us, most contact is big gesture purchases for holidays/birthdays/the children, or occaionally realizing they haven't seen the kids in a while and wanting to show up without a lot of notice) and my in-law are...perhaps too involved, but generally respectful of our parenting choices, so I am ok with it most of the time.  I realize a lot, when I...
Wow, on finding out the gender!  We went away for the weekend with the kids, hotel, restaurants, amusement park, some hiking.  It just about drove me into the ground.  Taking my 22 month old to a restaurant is pretty much the worst thing on earth right now.  He hates containment and is very vocal about his feelings.  The weekend left me feeling like I had probably just ruined our lives by adding a third.  Tell me it is just pregnancy and I am not going to be this tired...
I voted Amelia, mostly because I couldn't figure out how you would want Emelia pronounced, so I figured that might be a problem for other people as well.  
Eleanor does sound old, but I bet that feeling is changing, with more little girls being given the name.  I really wanted a name I could see her in as an adult in addition to a cute little girl.  We call her Nell, but at preschool they call her Eleanor.  It will be interesting to see what nickname she goes with as she gets older.  I like Elly too, and our friend with a little Eleanor plans to call her Nora.  It' a good nickname name!