or Connect

Posts by Moon

I think you're ok. I think it would only be a problem if you leered and drooled at people and told them, "C'mon over to Mama-Drama and I'll show you a good time", because THAT would innuendo. . This space used to be occupied by a siggy, but it got censored.
To the mods that responded: Thank you for responding. I heard pretty much what I expected to hear. I am not saying that in a mean, derogatory way, although I am a saddened by the whole situation. I have moderated on other boards, I know how hard it is, and if you have gotten personally attacked, let me extend my sympathy. After reading Cynthia's responses on other threads, (and let me add, I am curious to know why she answered all the other threads but not this...
Hi PM. I'm sorry I spoke for you, if I'd realized you were still around I'd have kept my big yap shut. I hope we're good.
Quote: Originally Posted by CarrieBeary77 Right on, Moon. I like you more and more each post. Aw shucks. Thanks Carrie. I like you too.
I don't know why she choose to avoid using a more specific term. Two guesses: She isn't sure Cynthia's husband is Muslim. (I'm not sure either, I'm just guessing cause you asked and I feel kinda uncomfy even just saying this, and I'd like to suggest we do not discuss Cynthia's husband any more cause who or what he is is none of our freaking business, when it comes right down to it.) OR She was afraid that using the term Muslim would cause an instant knee jerk...
We know you didn't. I think Angel Bee is saying that PM was trying to avoid using a specific term...like Muslim or Russian or flying purple people eater.
Why, so we can be guilty of the same kind of crap we're so saddened by? I PROMISE you, PM was not slamming Muslims, Cynthia, or Saudia Arabians. She did not attach a negative value to the kind of person Cynthia is married to. She is just pointing out a reality of cultural differences. No one is making this personal about Cynthia's husband. That would suck. When PM comes back and sees this, she's going to be horrified. Settle down, everybody. Settle down.
Ladies, I would absolutely bet money that Paris Mama's post was not meant to be a slam of any one. I think she was trying in a nice way to point out that there may be reasons of which we are not aware for the censorship. Read it again, she didn't attach a value, good OR bad, to the type of person Cynthia may be married to. She just pointed out something that *may* have a direct influence on the decisions being made. Like it or not, it's reality that Muslim...
Quote: Originally Posted by Brisen So because I feel that sex is sacred and private, I'm abnormal, but I'm not allowed to even object to the sexual content for fear of implying that those who feel differently than I do might be abnormal? Are you seriously calling the "prude" mamas abnormal here? I don't disagree that some discussion is healthy, but just because some mamas don't want to get way into it and aren't so "comfortable" with their sexuality...
I haven't been able to post till now, I'm the OP. I'll start by saying the part of the UA I wanted to discuss was not being able to question or discuss decisions made by the administration. I do not understand why we cannot have a respectful discussion if we feel the need. I am glad this discussion is staying open. That was the point of the opening post, and so I thank you. Now, from a strictly emotional point of view: It is true that this is mdc's board to do...