or Connect

Posts by bandgeek

You dont have to mention me specifically. I'm one of "them" aren't I? Anyway, I stand by what I said. What you all do is abhorrent. Humiliating and shaming women in a public forum? Have you nothing better to do with your life?  Are you all so unhappy with your lives that you get a rush from scouring the internet to find gold mines of stories like this? I already contacted a lawyer. If you dont stop calling me out personally, YOU will be hearing from her as well. What i...
I think it's quite telling that her evidence does little to convince anyone of anything so she has to resort to scare tactics and anecdotal evidence. I think it's extremely arrogant that she thinks she's qualified to make medical assessments of our situations, given she does not know the details and has never met any of us.  I've spoken with quite a few doctors about it and most are in agreement that there's really no way to tell how things could have gone in the...
ASL didn't appear to hinder my son in any way.  He was a late talker anyway, so we added in signs.  He knew about 400 by age 2.  When he finally started talking at age 2 1/2 (in full sentences practically overnight), he dropped the signing and never looked back. I tried to keep him signing as well because I feel it is a very useful language to know, but he refused.   
I'm sorry. :-( Please update when you get the results of the EEG.  My daughter went through that but her EEG came back clear...turns out she was having autonomic storming, which caused her to convulse but they were NOT seizures.  This was why typical seizure meds weren't working.  It took us a long time to get it all sorted out, and even longer to *really* get it under control.  She's doing fantastic these days!  Just a heads up in case the EEG doesn't show anything. :-)  
I wish the school system would work with us more.  They have all these "rules" about what nurses we are allowed to use for my daughter while she is there and I don't agree with it.  They aren't willing to bend, so my daughter can't attend school.  Their rules would basically cost the state more money, and would make it difficult for us to keep steady nurses (they would be cut from 12 hour shifts to 4-6 hours shifts and most nurses would rather do several long shifts a...
I'm an on and off meal planner.  Sometimes I fall off the wagon and we eat tons of take out because DD is in the hospital or something or I've just been overwhelmed with everything.  I'm doing better this time around and I think it's because I'm planning more easy meals.  When every meal is involved and complicated, I just don't feel like making them!!!   Last night we had a johnny marzetti type dish and it was very good.  While I had the hamburger out, I also...
I found that once I cut back, my milk started drying up.  But I was already having supply issues.  I hoped that cutting back would make it easier on me and help me feel less overwhelmed, but no luck, just more stress from drying up.  I felt guilty when I quit, but it was probably the best thing for the whole family.  I stopped at 9 1/2 months and DD was able to have some BM until about a year.  We were also getting milk from a close friend.  My original goal was a...
So were you guys playing with it, or transporting it...how did it get lost?  I totally can't see stuff like that, but I can try to help with the logical part of trying to find it. LOL
Usually homemade and usually decorated...I wouldn't say "elaborately" but I try to make them cute.  How much work I put into them depends on what kind of party we are having. For just family I do something really simple.  A big party with lots of friends I try to make the cake more decorative.  I also do cupcakes often, since they are easy for kids.  For my DS's last birthday, he requested cookies instead of cake.  We didn't even end up decorating them, I don't...
I remember that video!  My high school math teacher always played that every year (I had him for 3 of my 4 high school years).  He'd get popcorn and soda and we'd have a good ol' time.  I'd completely forgotten about it...I should try to find a copy for DS to watch.