or Connect

Posts by bandgeek

My mom is absolutely wonderful.  She's has been able to watch DD many times, even just for a few hours.  She's not experienced enough to do a whole day or a weekend, but I don't doubt she could learn if it was totally necessary.  I have a handful of friends that would jump in if I asked them to.  In fact I did have one friend keep DD overnight before so I could go to an amusement park.  She has a DD with the same diagnosis, so she was able to handle everything.    We...
I've been wondering the same thing.  My son doesn't like to write and has difficulty with spelling.  He would be in first grade this year, but is reading at about a 3rd grade level.  His writing/spelling skills are closer to average for his age.  He doesn't just see a word in a book and then know how to spell it.   Spelling was always easy for me.  I remember being in 1st grade and just "knowing" when something wasn't spelled right.  I'd erase and fix it, erase and...
I definitely have issues.  I don't really know what to do about them, but after 4 years I finally have medicaid, so I'm going to bring it up at my first doctor's appointment.  I figure they'll either send me for therapy, or give me some pills.  I'm down for either.
Ds will be 7 this month.   As far as books, he likes the Bad Kitty series and Harry Potter.  He also likes comics.  He liked Magic treehouse for while but I think he's finding them a little boring these days.  He liked Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing.  He prefers funny books over anything else.   For board games he likes blokus, battleship, yahtzee jr, and guess who.   He likes legos and really any toy you can build with (legos are the biggie though). ...
I know it seems a little hard right now to buck the trend and go against what everyone else is telling you is right, but when you do hold that perfect baby in your arms, and then watch him grow up healthy and strong, you are going to not only just be "ok" with going against the grain, you are going to feel damn proud of yourself.  I promise.  :-)   Assuming you have a boy of course. LOL
I don't play.  At least not much.  At the playground I'll push them on the swings and sometimes accept their challenge of going across the monkey bars, but that's about it.  At home we do board games and crafts and stuff, but I don't do transformers and dolls.  That's pretty much how my parents played with us.  I remember my mom played scrabble and uno with us a lot, but not barbies.  My dad would go outside and play catch 1 on 1, but not get involved with a group of...
So just a quick update:   We moved into the smaller apartment over the new year.  It's not nearly as cramped as I thought it would be, thank goodness!  It helps that I got rid of a TON of stuff leading up to the move. I'm still working on setting up and getting the new, smaller furniture in here. My breakfast table is missing a piece so I'm waiting on them to send a replacement.  I'm picking up my 2 saucer chairs for the living room and the big cabinet for my DD's...
Does your 18 year old feel comfortable talking about this with your husband?  Maybe he can explain what it's like to be intact, how it doesn't matter if they all "match" or not, how the buried penis is not worth the risk of the surgery, etc.  Maybe hearing it from another adult man (even a young one) will help him understand.
I don't think DS has had his diaper/underwear area checked since he was about 18 months.  Since he's been about 6, they don't even ask him to undress to check his weight.  I guess once they are bigger the extra couple of lbs from clothes don't make much of a difference.  Or maybe I just have a laid back pedi?
First of all, you have to assume their measurements were accurate, and they aren't always.  I took my DD in last week and her weight was off by 5 lbs!  Because she's 4 and cannot sit or stand, I have to hold her and they weigh us both, then just me, then subtract.  We got all messed up because I forgot I had my purse on my shoulder for the first weighing. LOL  But scales can be off by several pounds in either direction even without flubs like that.  Also, there's...