or Connect

Posts by bandgeek

My boss was complaining to me one day about her cracked tooth.  I told her I had the same problem and it really sucks.  She asked me what they did for my tooth.  I looked at her kind of funny and asked "Who's they?  I can't afford to go to a dentist!"  She got really quiet and then turned around and walked out without another word.  She's knows I work 30 hours a week, making $9.50 an hour, trying to raise two kids by myself AND the company does not offer dental...
I would leave it alone.  My son balloons and has almost his whole life (he's about to turn 7).  He's never had any sort of infection.  I'm sure pee gets stuck up there....but then it just gets flushed out with the next pee.   Think about it...us women go to the bathroom and then just dab with TP.  We don't get all the pee off our vulva.  It just sits until the next time we pee, or until we bathe.  Unless you bring wet wipes everywhere, even public bathrooms...I do...
I would do the tape trick and also just limit his time on it.  Maybe a half hour a day or something.  When you are washing dishes and can't really hear the sound well anyway. Lol
I didn't EC, but DS often went naked as a baby and he started ballooning around 8 or 9 months I think?  He's almost 7 and still balloons.  He thinks it's funny to squeeze it and make it squirt.   He's not retractable yet.  2 things have to happen for a boy to become fully retractable.  The connection between the glans and foreskin has to break and the ridged band (very end of the foreskin) has to become loose enough to slide back over the glans.  These two things can...
I'm downsizing into a much smaller apartment so I'm getting rid of a lot of stuff. I'm moving in 10 days! One thing I did today was got rid of 3 huge boxes of fabric.  I kept the most useful fabric, but tossed the rest.  There was a lot of scraps...stuff no one else would want probably. I didn't even open one box.  I figured if I didn't know what was in it and hadn't needed it in the past year, I'll probably never miss it.
Another thing they are good for is holding plastic grocery bags!  You can stuff like 30 bags in one kleenex box and then it acts like a dispenser.
My DD doesn't have CF but we are sort of in the same situation.  Because of her CP she has severe respiratory issues and any one of them could take her away from us in a matter of minutes.  So far she's done well...lots of hospital stays, breathing support, etc, but we just never know when THE one will be.  Her pulm doc says it's almost always a respiratory illness that takes these kids.  And her life expectancy is not long.  She's already outlived over 75% of her...
I agree that parents can and should help children decide what is appropriate but the fact of the matter is, this child's parents may not be concerned, and that isn't the child's fault.  The teacher cannot monitor every single exchange AND do her job.    The child may also have minor issues like ADHD.  My own kid cannot write or draw anything without tearing or poking holes in his paper or doodling off to the side.  He'll start to write something, then forget what...
I'm sure he'll be fine. :)  Have you read all the stickies about proper care and age of retraction?  It's important to know all of that stuff so you don't get stonewalled by some doctor telling you your 6 year old needs circ'ed because he doesn't retract. It happens to MANY well-meaning parents.  If it helps ease your mind a bit, even if he does have difficulty later, things can almost always be fixed without surgery.  If he developed any scar tissue and has difficulty...
I don't have a baby, but a have a DS who will be 7 in a month and a disabled 4 year old DD, who physically functions like a newborn.  The truth is, I DO have to divide my time a lot!  There are times I stick my DD in front of the ipad to watch a video and times DS gets ignored while I tend to DD.  I do try to avoid that.  Sometimes I just hold DD on my lap while I play a board game with DS, or while we do schoolwork.    They can't play like typical siblings.  I...