or Connect

Posts by bandgeek

The bed that's on a regular frame I intend to get the low to the ground storage containers.  They will be used for medical supplies.  The loft bed in DS's room will house his 6 cube organizer (where his toys are) and his 3 story firehouse.  It's really his only "big" toy.  That will give him a lot more room to play.   I also got a toy hammock for DS's bedroom and a toy "chain" for DD's.  Neither have a ton of stuffed animals but for what they do have, it can't hurt to...
Let me just say that if I had two "typical" children I would not even be making this post.  Stick the kids in bunk beds in one room and I'd take the other...end of story.  Because of the rising rent here and also my desire to work less hours, I've decided to move back to a small 2 bedroom apartment.   I considered taking one bedroom, giving one to my son, and using the living room as my DD's bedroom.  It would work and I've done it before, but I don't like it.  At...
I'm sorry.  I knew someone who adopted from mexico and then went and got the kid circ'ed.  It makes no sense.  But it makes no sense to do it to a newborn you birth either.  I know people who do it don't see it this way but I really feel you are just having/getting this perfect little child and then saying "oops, you just aren't good enough yet!"  I only feel more strongly about it since having my DD, who is severely disabled and far from everyone else's ideal of...
I don't know your states laws specifically but most states don't require 40 lbs before switching.  Usually they refer to the manufacturers instructions.  Once kids are about 6 years old, weight isn't so much of a factor.  They are usually mature enough to use a booster and their bone structure is just like any other 6 year old.  If you are worried about the social aspect of it, there's absolutely nothing wrong with putting a 35 lb 6 year old in a well fitting booster....
Wanna hear something funny (well, not funny, but you know...kinda ironic)?  According to a nurse friend I have (who has worked in several nursing homes) she said the OPPOSITE is true.  The men who are intact are taken care of very well.  The nurses know you BETTER clean it...or else.  The thing about elderly men (she says anyway, I've never seen and old man that up close and personal) is that everything gets kind of saggy.  Yes, even penis skin.  So they have all these...
I think some people see it as "taking money away" if you don't enroll your kids.  But the money is only needed if your children are attending!  If your children aren't attending, it's that much less money the school needs to operate on.  It's not entirely that simple of course, but overall, the less students a school has, the less money it needs to operate.  I think because most of the money doesn't go directly to each individual student, but to larger things like new...
We homeschool, so have avoided this issue (I read here because I'm considering school in the future).  I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone in having a school age kid who has difficulty wiping.  I've talked to MANY parents whose kids had difficulty.  Some refuse to help and the kid eventually gets it.  Some help and the kid still eventually gets it.  All in all, none of these kids are going to go to middle school needing help.  Personally I think parents...
My daughter always gets significantly better the second we step through the ER doors.  Never fails. LOL  You probably read it right and he just got a little better for whatever reason.  Sometimes I think it's just the fresh air and car ride to the hospital that does it.  I'm glad he's doing better.  Sorry you were bullied. :-(  I've been there, done that and it's awful!
I don't really know what to say.  Maybe I didn't phrase it the best but the OP did ask for opinions.  She doesn't look obese to me but with all the weight problems in this country nowadays I think people don't see it when a child is borderline overweight.  They are used to seeing so many heavy kids that one borderline looks perfect.  And average kids get told they don't eat enough because they look too thin compared to their peers.  If this post was supposed to only be...
It really, really depends.  I know one vegan who is usually way too thin, but she always had difficulty keeping weight on, even before she changed her diet.  She's done better lately though and even models (she is *gorgeous!).   I lost almost 50 lbs after cutting out animal products.  It was nice and slow sustained weight loss.  I think I look a thousand times better.  So many people were concerned about my nutrition when I changed my diet, but OMG, why weren't they...