or Connect

Posts by Mommalockhart

This is a heated subject in our house between my partner and I. We can't seem to agree what level of child proofing we need to do for the twins. Once they started crawling I bought a huge gate that seperated our living room from the rest of the house. It's a pretty big space for the kiddos to play in, so after child proofing that room, we just sort of stopped. We haven't done a thing to the rest of the house, and it is NOT safe to say the least. It just seems so incredibly...
Days before the Deuce’s birth I was having a series of intense, consistent contractions. They were so frequent and painful that I was sure they were the fateful signs of labor I’d been waiting for. But on Sunday, January 21th, at 7:45am when my water broke onto the bathroom floor there were no such warnings signs to be felt. In fact, the painful contractions that followed, were not felt for almost an hour after the spill. As for the fluid, it was not clear, but rather a...
I need help ASAP. Last week I started back to work, 3 days a week. I am pumping every 2 hours at work and at home so that the daycare has enough breast milk for my 4 month old boys. Each day I am JUST barely sqeaking by with enough to last them through the next day. I am a wreck, totally stressed about not producing enough. I've tried everything...tea, fenugreek, hot packs, water, oatmeal...my supply just will not get any bigger. To make matters worse, two days ago...
I need help ASAP. Last week I started back to work, 3 days a week. I am pumping every 2 hours at work and at home so that the daycare has enough breast milk for my 4 month old twin boys. Each day I am JUST barely sqeaking by with enough to last them through the next day. I am a wreck, totally stressed about not producing enough. I've tried everything...tea, fenugreek, hot packs, water, oatmeal...my supply just will not get any bigger. To make matters worse, two days...
I need help ASAP. Last week I started back to work, 3 days a week. I am pumping every 2 hours at work and at home so that the daycare has enough breast milk for my 4 month old boys. Each day I am JUST barely sqeaking by with enough to last them through the next day. I am a wreck, totally stressed about not producing enough. I've tried everything...tea, fenugreek, hot packs, water, oatmeal...my supply just will not get any bigger. To make matters worse, two days ago...
I have been using a diaper service with my 4 week old boys since they were born, with prorap covers. Unfortunately they have had diaper rashes almost since the day we brought them home from the hospital. We've tried several kinds of natural diaper rash creams and DS1's has almost cleared up once we finally tried desitin. But DS2's has not gotten better yet. Several people have suggested using disposibles at night for better air flow, but I hate it, since they are too...
For the most part I enjoyed the special on National Geographic Channel. The imaging is amazing and I learned a few bits of info that I didn't know already. But I too was infuriated by the tone they were taking regarding C-sections. What really has stuck with me, and now even has me worried, is the parts when they keep mentioning the birth weights in comparison with how they were delivered. They mentioned something like "the womb is not designed to carry more than 12lbs...
Does anyone have any support or suggestions for my friend?? She has a 3 1/2 month old daughter who has been sick with diarrhea for over 2 weeks, at least 7+ times a day. Its very yucky (ranging from runny split pea soup to bile colored) and the poor thing is constantly fussy with a horrible diaper rash. She has not been breastfeeding for about a month, and was supplementing since since she was 5 weeks old. Since she's been sick, they've changed her formula 3 times (milk to...
Does anyone have any support or suggestions for my friend?? She has a 3 1/2 month old daughter who has been sick with diarrhea for over 2 weeks, at least 7+ times a day. Its very yucky (ranging from runny split pea soup to bile colored) and the poor thing is constantly fussy with a horrible diaper rash. She has not been breastfeeding for about a month, and was supplementing since since she was 5 weeks old. Since she's been sick, they've changed her formula 3 times (milk to...
Does anyone have any support for my friend?? She has a 3 1/2 month old daughter who has been sick with diarrhea for over 2 weeks, at least 7+ times a day. Its very yucky (ranging from runny split pea soup to bile colored) and the poor thing is constantly fussy with a horrible diaper rash. She has not been breastfeeding for about a month, and was supplementing since sihe was 5 weeks old. Since she's been sick, they've changed her formula 3 times (milk to soy to...