or Connect

Posts by Unreal

this is the response I've had today: Quote: Hi Unreal, Thanks for getting back to me. I will try to get in touch with you today or tomorrow at the latest to discuss. Person at CompanyXYZ and no call today...so I guess I get to wait till tomorrow...
where is the twitching smilie? I just sent it out gawd I hope they don't call to talk to me about it--I'm a wreck
okay... added "I feel that this is still an acceptable salary range for the position offered as it requires not only technical writing, graphic design, and marketing skills, but also web development and programming skills."
I think that is a big part of my frustration. That was a great salary, for this area, for the original job... 38K is probably about fair for what they've morphed the job into, at least how it is written... http://www.echoditto.com/node/1323 is probably a more accurate job description--particularly the required skills. *waaaaahhhhh* there is so much riding on this working out
okay....how about this: Thank you so much for extending an offer to join Company XYZ. I am excited to come work with you, however I do have a few concerns about the job offer and description that were sent on Friday, August 8. My immediate concern is the decrease in hiring salary range that seems to correlate to the reduction of marketing responsibilities and increase in technical and writing duties. The position has been rewritten to reflect my various skills and...
Quote: Originally Posted by PassionateWriter co's expect negotiation. its something i was always uncomfortable w/ too but yk, you have to do it for your family (thats how i got through it). its funny that i could negotiate on behalf of others but never for myself. i had to get over it but it was soo uncomfortable. CO's suck Quote: instead of saying " removal of the majority of marketing responsibilities" i would rephrase it...
This is what I have written so far Quote: Originally Posted by me Thank you so much for extending me an offer to join ________. I am excited to come work with you, however I do have a few concerns about the job offer and description that were sent on Friday, August 8. My immediate concern is the decrease in hiring salary range that seems to correlate to the removal of the majority of marketing responsibilities. The position has been rewritten to...
sooooo not good at this..... gah.... Okay..I'm just going to pretend I'm writing this for someone else...
when ds1 was much younger....he had to be in school while I worked...but I really just encouraged that as social play-time and afterschooler/weekend homeschooled him. I've found homeschooling to be so so so flexible (although I'm not doing it right now ) It may not seem like it right now, but I'm sure you'll find a way to fit work and homeschooling into your lives--although I found I fell more and more into relying on curriculum resources (SOTW, etc) as I worked more...