or Connect

Posts by Foobar

I would talk to the other parents. I would state that you want to welcome people to use your backyard, but you need to have some ground rules to keep the kids safe. You can't shelter your DS from different types of parenting, but you can always use these as a way to teach him about your ways of parenting (ie- We don't do that in this house because....) I will stop any child in the playground from throwing sand at Goo and I stop her from throwing sand back....
The OP was editted, but you know, I've managed to convince Goo that when Mommy pees, Goo sits on her potty (with her clothes on). The only problem is that she wants to wipe me! Ick! Hope you are having a better day! You are not evil.
Quote: Originally Posted by lilyka I agree heavenly. growing up I remember all the hicks swore. I was in an elitest honor student crowd. we were nerds yes but we had clean mouths. I have picked up a couple of words from my dh but I try not to say them in front of the girls. Hmmm, I was a hick honor student. Graduated second in my class. Still can have some choice works as in "F*** a duck sideways" and "Take a flying F*** at a rolling...
I guess it depends on how you are reacting. My Goo is melodramatic. We often just give her a hug and tell her things are ok and let her go off on her rant. My nephew is also melodram am king, but in his case, many people would go out of their way to help him when he got in those situations, so he learned that it worked. In our house, when he visits, he gets a dose of reality.... He may just be exploring his emotions right now...
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this post is meant to scare anyone. Pregnancy is scary, but it's always better to get information out. I had low progesterone in the beginning of this pregnancy, but it was 11 at 5 weeks. Take the progesterone. Even with high hCG, you NEED progesterone to keep the feedback loop going. The idea is this: the fertilized egg implants sending hCG out into the blood stream. The corpus luteum (the ruptured follicle) produces progesterone for about...
I'm so sorry. I am in a similar state (although they call it pre-term contractions), but I am 33 weeks. I am on terb until 36 weeks are over. Give extra cuddle time on the couch or bed with your little one. That's what I have been doing. I also let her sit between my legs while I read stories. We just try to spend more time together at night. I still carry her a little, but I really shouldn't be. I was put on bedrest in my last pregnancy too, so this time, we got...
Quote: Originally Posted by klothos : unfortunately she had not even shown the girl videos of birth, nor fully explained it to her (her excuse for it was that "that's not the kind of thing that we talk about.")... consequently the poor little girl wasn't just scared about her mom, but shocked and horrified at what was happening. she literally turned green, and looked like she was either going to faint or throw up (or do both) and by the time the baby...
I am working on subtle distinctions myself right now. I have "pre-term contractions" which is NOT "pre-term labor" (unless the contractions change the cervix, it isn't labor, never mind that they hurt). I am hoping this one stays until 36 weeks. At that point, I consider her full term. I had read that anytimeafter 37 weeks is term and as long as she is delevloped, I see no need to call her a premee. My nephew was born at 34 weeks. Still don't think of him as a...
IF it is racism, he most likely has picked it up from his parents or older siblings. I have a nephew who is racist and when he stays with us, I make sure to correct him on things like "that black person is scary" (we talk about why he thinks that etc) My sister and her husband aren't the most racist people in the world, but where they live is fairly racist. These are the days when I am glad Goo goes to a mixed ethnicity day care. You name the race, it's in there!...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cranberry Slightly T -- I don't think we should allow any more threads that have the word mainstream in the title. Let's just change the subject... How about those Red Sox? I think there gonna go all the way this year. Nah- as usual, Pedro is going to get "hurt" mid season and everyone will expect Nomar to carry the team. Johnny Damon is going to have a chance to get them in the world series, but trip on...