or Connect

Posts by sevenkids

Quote: Which makes traditional belly binding seem like a sensible development--tho now I'm curious about which cultures use this 'traditionally' and how far back it goes (that is, is it a more modern development, conceived by women suffering the problems inherent in 'too much civilization' in the forms of chair sitting, less walking and so forth? Or does it go further back than that?) Asian cultures, yes, so do Caribbean and central/south American...
Well, sounds to me like the baby didn't fit, probably due to the asynclitism. You said there was a lot of effort into rotating the baby to anterior, maybe this kid needed to be posterior to fit into this mama's pelvis? But that long of a labour, with an unengaged head, all that molding and very little progress, sounds to me like the baby just wasn't going to come down. Quote: The mama pushed like a rockstar for 2 hours with slow slow progress, and lots of...
There's a lot of debate about what is the best way to heal a diastasis, even among personal trainers and fitness pros. Some recommend wearing support during excercise, some advise no support, some advise crunches, some say no way. Everybody's got their own, professional opinion. It does tend to get wider and wider with subsequent pregnancies, even a 1 fingerbreadth DR is going to get wider in a second pregnancy unless mom is being careful about her posture and how she...
I'm a Midwife. I'm a big fan of support belts, especially for multips. If a mom already has a diastasis recti, she's probably going to be more comfortable with support than without, but all day, every day? Not necessary, and pretty itchy and annoying. Most moms find they don't really need to put it on until mid/late morning or unless they're on their feet all day. Preventing DR is better, and I do ask moms to take notice of how they are getting up, I suggest they roll...
Quote: Originally Posted by Surfacing Sounds like this divorce feels just right for you, although I'm sorry for all your stress you endured in the meantime. About the bitterness, resentment, etc., a few thoughts: how was your communication? did you go to counselling? were there talks about adjusting expectations? leaning on resources (paid/unpaid supports)? At some point did you have to confront an ultimatum? I am not trying to put you on the...
It's hard on the family, and I think especially husbands. I started midwifery school happily married with a super supportive husband, I'm now divorced. He got extremely resentful, bitter, angry and outright hostile. We seperated 3 years ago, and finally divorced last week. My kids are older, and are pretty independent. My oldest at home is 19, then 17. My youngest is 9. My ex is pretty much always available for picking up my youngest and keeping him overnight if needed...
Maybe the hymen. It doesn't always break with the first lovemaking and sometimes it can hold up a baby until it releases.
I still dip, and don't plan on not dipping. I don't think the information is useless, I think it depends on how the CP uses/interprets the information. I don't think urine dips are intended to diagnose anything, rather to be used as a screening tool. To be honest, I don't pay all that much attention to the glucose and protein as a predictor for pre-e or GDM; there's a whole laundry list of conditions that can cause protein in the urine beside those, but do think it is a...
I asked my wax lady about it, because a LOT of my clients wax, and she says there's no contra-indication for waxing while pregnant, besides possible increased sensitivity. But if the lady doesn't mind, I sure don't.
I really encourage women to take the Valtrex, the stress and hormones of late pregnancy can cause an outbreak, and it's a ridiculous reason to have to transfer care when it could be prevented. I have not seen an outbreak in women who have taken Valtrex, and I have not seen any adverse effects in their babies. http://www.journals.elsevierhealth.c...04061/abstract