or Connect

Posts by sevenkids

Who's watching? 97% of voting viewers think Harold should win, 7% think Tiffani should win. This has got to be the best episode ever! : : : :
Quote: Originally Posted by liawbh Hmm,. let me think . . . basic respect she's still your child Golden Rule again, not even finished with HS Really? All of you are going to be done respecting and teaching your children the minute they hit 18? What if they move out before 18? What if they are still in HS at 19? What if they live at home and go to college? Suddenly it's OK to toss all their stuff and erase their presence from your...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pynki Are you REALLY equating a childhood/family home with rental property? That they contain the same width and breadth of emotion? Because my dad still got a bit teary when my grandfather sold his childhood house about 5 years ago. Something to the effect that he really COULDN'T ever go home again now and my dad's over 50. Actually, the person I was replying to did, and wanted an explanation as to why it was an...
Quote: Originally Posted by liawbh There were several non-GD replies waay before that info was given. That is a sep. issue. So we're just landlords to our kids??? You brought up "eviction" as an example, I was simply expanding on your example. The lesson to be learned here is, if you don't secure your own belongings, they will be taken care of by someone else, and maybe not in a way that is to your liking. Quote: The OP,...
Quote: Originally Posted by liawbh LIke I said, interesting to see how GD this all is. Why would an 18 year old adult even need GD?
Quote: Originally Posted by liawbh How is getting all your stuff tossed, and your space violated an "adult experience" or the "natural order of things????" Even if you get evicted, you get notice. Was there warning? Did she have the chance to get her own stuff? What if she decides to go to college, and wants to come home? What if it doesn't work out? Sounds like you, and many here, are punishing her for moving out. Nice. It isn't like years...
Quote: Originally Posted by liawbh Interesting to see how many people seem to believe GD and AP turn off like a light switch at 18 or moving out. Wow. I had to double check my address bar. I thought the whole point was to raise healthy, independent, responsable adults......At some point, and an 18 year old that insists on moving out of the home is one of those points, you have to let them be adults and experience adult experiences. It's just...
My oldest 2 moved out, actually they moved into an apartment together, and they knew right away that their rooms would not be reserved for them indefinately, or would be reserved for them at all. As they were packing up to go, their brother and sister were moving in their things. They also knew that they could move back if they needed to, but the arrangement would be a little different, since they volantarily gave up their space in my house. 18 is an adult, and plenty old...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan (Actually that carrot is really 5 carrots and is a sign that someone didn't thin properly.) What else will grow that well without thinning?
I don't think I've ever sang this song sober before.... I'm not that chained up little person still in love with you......