or Connect

Posts by LucyJaynesmom

Thank you everyone for all your responses! Your insight is SO helpful!
I am doing a bit of research to forward to my local State Representative regarding breastfeeding laws. In my state, (Indiana) we have a law saying that I can bf anywhere I am legally allowed to be and there is also a law stating that employers must provide breaks and space for pumping mothers. I would like to see these laws enforced and need a little guidance to other states that have very good enforceable laws already on the books. Do these other states exist? I've...
I know I have cought myself saying some pretty "knee jerk reaction" type stuff to other choldren even when their mother was right there. In no way did I mean to mother her dc, it was just instinctual. I think if your situation happened a lot, i would politely explain that you know what he is doing and you've got it under control (but not use those exact words), otherwise I would let it slide. She may not have meant anything by it and might be beating herself up over...
one of my favorite quotes: Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny This made me laugh out loud, really! Yes, she is starting to be more verbal and the past two days have been way better than the previous few. I thinkj she is going through a development leap with her language, even using signs I thought she hadn't picked up. Thanks everyone for you replies! It really helps to know there are others going through the same...
I don't know what happened to her, but over night she has starting acting like the stereotypical 2yo I have heard about. She is 22mo and starting saying no about a month ago. It started out very sweet, she would go "mmmm, no". Now it is just flat out no, even when she means yes, and she wants to fight about everything. I am trying very hard to let her do things by herself or the way she wants it done. That's not a big deal to me really. But I am not adjusting to this...
Sttn?
I love my LLL cookbook "Whole Foods for the Whole Family". Its full of great healthy recipes that are great for busy families with children. I told my husband..."I think might make every recipe in this book!"
((Hugs)) I understand exactly what you mean...I have to wean my dd before she is 2 years and its tough. There's a part of me that knows I am doing what I need to do for my family, but there is another part of me that longs for the nursing relationship to continue. Its not popular around here to proactively wean a lo, but sometimes you have to. As long as you are doing what is in the best interest of your family, hang in there and make sure your lo gets lots of Mommy...
Anyone..........?
My 17 mo dd is tugging on my breast while she is nursing. She rears her head back and pushes off my chest with her hands, as if to stretch out my breast. This has been going on for quite sometime, off and on for about 4-5 months, but mostly during the second half of my cycle. And then, for the first time, yesterday I noticed little scabs on top of both nipples, exactly where my nipple "folds" up onto my areola when I pull my bra back up. I am trying to help them heal by...