or Connect

Posts by goodcents

Quote: Originally Posted by Sisyphus I love how serious they seem about leaving no trace : What a cool group of people it must be! I am waiting for someone to get back also. I love the fact that they are worried about MOOP (matter out of place in burning man speak) but the tickets are close to $300....much of this goes to a bond with the government to make sure the site is clean. I would much rather have faith in humanity to take care of...
We have one car and it works also. That said we went from no car (city dwellers) to 1 so that was a big leap. I confess in part it works because DH takes public transport to his job (I drop him off at the train) but on weekends and nights its all fine. Its wild, I never ever thought about an emergency and I am always inclined to think of those things. We have a good community around us though, and I would just call an ambulance if needed.
Quote: Originally Posted by trimestersdoula Thanks so much for all of your suggestions. I am going to check out the websites provided and see what I can do. The allergy thing is very interesting. I can't quit cold turkey. I just don't have that kind of willpower. I tested my BP tonight and I must be even more stressed out because it was the highest it has ever been try some rescue remedy. it always helps my BP. i don't suggest you...
you can do it. when i first got pregnant with DD i was a pack a day smoker. i cut drastically back the first week and then just quit. it was HARD. terrible at times but what i thought to myself was "can i get through this minute, THIS ONE, without a cigarette?" the answer was always yes. it was a drag to do it (pun intended) but i did do it. and for what its worth, i wouldn't give yourself three weeks. stop this week. you can. the antipication building up over 3 weeks...
Must.have.good.music.to.work.to. I love all music but in particular I am looking for deep beats that keep the party going. Currently I have been known to work to: Duffy Michael Franti Solange Amy Winehouse House Music Combilations Pop Music Krack & Smack Good Charlotte So yeah, melancholy slow stuff need not apply. Until winter. Your ideas please?
I get eyelid twitches often and they are so annoying. Last summer it went on for so long I went to the doctor. I was told at that time that one of the most common cause of eye twitching is actually teeth griding at night. I was having some jaw/griding issues at that time. Perhaps this is happening, if you are stressed you are unconsiously clenching your jaw?
Quote: Originally Posted by A&A And, when someone asks you how they can repay you, tell them to do something nice for someone else (pay it forward). I did this once for a young teen I met (although he asked how he could thank me). I still think about him. I hope I made a difference in his life. I really, really wanted to.
this is something i look to often Quote: Desiderata Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may...
my herbs, with the exception of the basil (granted only rosemary and parsely) have also done well. both were transplants. i am not ready to give up to the farmer's market just yet. i would like to learn how to refine my skills or what i did wrong.
so i have to say i am pretty disappointed with my yield so far. i know this is my first go at gardening and all but....... almost everything I grew from seed failed except for several bean plants said beans only produced enough beans for a meal. not even that really. i had to cut the beans up and add them to a pasta, there wasn't enough beans to add to 3 different dinner plates 2 transplant peppers I got only grew 2 peppers so far my beets and carrots (from seed) seem to...