or Connect

Posts by goodcents

In my siggie now.
Every year for the past two years I have posted this link. It is as relevant this year, as any other. Keep kids safe - keep a "lifeguard" or designated adult near the pool at all time while children are swimming. It truly is a matter of life or death. Quote: But recent research from the National SAFE KIDS Campaign shows that nearly 9 out of 10 children between ages 1 and 14 who drowned were under supervision when they died. The study defined supervision...
One more thing, I know you said you can't drink but please try to remember water. Place a few glasses around, one in your bedroom, one in the kitchen, one in the room you spend the most time in. Don't worry about the extra dishes now, what is more important is that whenever you think to drink, a glass is there.
Dear Jen, I am so very sorry for your loss. If you have a health food store near you I would suggest getting the Bach Flower Essence Star of Bethlehem. It is used for grief and shock. You can take it directly, or you can mix it with spring water in a dropper bottle. If you are also having anxiety about the upcoming birth add Mimulus (also Bach) which is for low-level anxiety and worries. In a standard dropper but 5-10 drop of each remedy and take the tincture as...
Holy Flipping S**t! Kathryn that is wonderful and wowza! I knew that belly was just way too beautifully big to have only 1 bean in there. Congratulations and gooodness bless!
I don't know what happened. My lovely dd used to love them all...potatoes, carrots, greens, green beans. And now she won't eat anything. She freaks out when they are on her plate, although I insist with saying "You don't have to eat them but they have to be on your plate." What are your tricks? What am I doing wrong? I want to really move towards a more whole grain and vegetable diet, but am concerned about my dd. She loves fruits, rice, pasta, whole grain cereal....
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna Would you be interested in the flip side of the coin? Why I DON'T keep my dd's pic and such offline? -Angela not to hijack, but yes i am curious.
Oh blasted! I typed out a long post last night, and by the looks of it, it never made it to the board! Mzrmeg - were we in the April 05 due date club together? I "know" your user name but I can't remember from where. I suck at this in real life too....not having a "face" to connect to a user name makes it all the harder. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we don't need patching. We have a 6 week followup visit, at which time the doctor will determine if it is...
I really liked Alison's post. I had a horrible first birth. It took work with a therapist, an acupuncturist and a team of amazing midwives to convince me to give it another go (I wasn't a VBAC but I was still terrified). I used homepathy, Bach flower remedies and other modalities to help me get over the PTSD, which is what I imagine you are going through. I think you should read Birthing From With (sooo much more moving after a traumatic experience if you have read it...
circlemama i do think about getting a "spare" pair. we have a 14 month old who is a very hands-on-grabby sorta kid. even with viligence i expect this pair to suffer at some point. i want to make sure her presciption is good to go though, before i order and spend the $$ on another pair.