or Connect

Posts by Bean Mama

Thanks, Regis, I am doing so much better. I feel able to cope with daily life and am working towards changing the things in my life which are making me unhappy. XOXOXO
[QUOTE=Ruthla] The meds take a few weeks before they kick in, but the side effects start immediately. Generally, the side effects go away around the same time that the medication starts really helping me. [QUOTE] Would you mind telling me what sort of side effects you experienced? I'm feeling very dislocated and a little dizzy and really slow. And I'm very thirsty. Did you have that sort of thing?
Thanks again for the reassurance. I'll be honest in that I'm not doing great. I'm really looking forward to the Prozac kicking in. But at least I don't feel guilt ridden for nursing my son. XOXOXO
Thanks so much for your replies. It seems, from that link, that Prozac is at least okay and I can talk to my doctor about switching to Zoloft when I see him next week.
My son is 20 months old and I thought I'd let him wean himself. I breastfed my daugher until she was 3 1/2 and stopped on her own when I was pregnant. I am now having some serious emotional problems and have been put on Prozac. My doctor says that I shold taper off and end nursing. I do feel that I should. I don't feel comfortable nursing while on medication. But I need the medication. How do I attempt to stop? I have no idea what to do. When I try to say no to...
I'd probably be shocked but upon thinking about it have a lot of admiration for the womans bravery. That's the way things should be. That's what we should aspire to.
Hi there! Our family is off to France on hoiliday in a week and my son is now four months old. I recently read that breastfeeding in public in France is extremely rare. Hmmm. I wonder what that's going to be like. Has anyone had any experience with this? I BF my daughter until she was 3 1/2 in the UK and never had a dirty look or comment, not once. What can I expect in France?
Things are going better. Nothing has really changed except that my son doesn't get quite as hysterical after nursing. And I've, at this point at least, just decided to ride it out so I don't get so upset. Hopefully, we'll have about a month more of this before colic starts to pass and things will improve. XOXOX
Thanks so much for the advice, mamas. I'm going to try and persevere. Today was a better day.
My baby is 8 weeks old. We are having serious problems breastfeeding. I fed my daughter until she was three and a half, so you'd think I'd be an expert but I feel really close to just giving up. It's miserable for both of us. He tries to nurse, the milk squirts out too strongly and makes him choke and un latch. He tries and tries until he ends up screaming after about five minutes. So he doesn't get enough and has to nurse again very soon. He's always hungry and often...