or Connect

Posts by eepster

If it hurts, then don't make him do it.  If pee comes out of it, then it is fine.  Just leave it alone.   Don't let pediatricians test it in the future.  No good will come of it.  If they accidentally push a bit too hard they may forcibly retract it.  This can lead to infection or even paraphimosis.
It all sound perfectly fine, except your Dh's reaction.  That would be my main concern.  have a good long talk to your Dh about not over reacting.  
I really don't monitor DS's foreskin at all.  I haven't been involved with his penis since we finished potty learning, except to remind him not to play with it in the living room.   Your pediatricians statement seems very bizarre.  Why is she looking in there in the first place?  Is she asking her patients if they are retractable before looking, or does she start forcibly retracting at some point?  What could she possibly be finding that is so worrisome?  What...
It is common to cath during that surgery (I don't know if it is strictly necessary though.)  Urologist can be the worst about forcefully retracting.     It is okay to meet several before you choose one.  You can ask around your area for recommendations for foreskin friendly ones, and/or contact Doctors Opposing Circumcision (DOC) for recommendations.  Interview all Drs and ask open ended questions that aren't leading to assess their true...
    Leveled readers are usually sorted based solely on vocabulary and decoding.  Leveled readers rarely take into consideration other aspects of reading level, such as endurance.  Though a book by Roald Dahl may have a similar vocabulary and decoding level, they are also much much longer than any leveled readers and require greater endurance, retaining the information from reading session to reading session.     They also may just not be appropriate yet in terms of...
I hear everyone say that 1st grade is the worst year in terms of getting appropriate accommodations, and that things get better in later grades.  It's already March, so there isn't much left in this year anyway.  Next September he will be ready for 2nd grade.  It will be a whole new teacher for 2nd.   I would just agree to send him to 2nd grade in the fall.  The school might even do an evaluation/testing when he reenters to determine grade level (I hear that many...
Glad you found the instructions just in case you need them.   If they want to do a cath just to get a urine sample, you can ask for a clean catch baggy instead.  Even with the instruction, it is safer and less invasive to do the baggy.
  DS is getting older, and just turned 5yo.  I was wondering, at what age do you stop just sending the kids under the turnstile and start swiping your metrocard for them?     Or does it go by hight?  Should I wait till DS is tall enough that he wouldn't be risking getting hit in the face if the bar of the turnstile swung back on him?  he's small for age.   And what about buses?  I figure the MTA ones would be the same age as the subway, but what...
he may be reacting to the polysporin.  Stop using it.   It is common for people who don't have problems with polysporin (neosporin) to react to it when it is used on the more delicate skin of the genitals.
My DS also had a severe tongue tie that was clipped when he was 6 days old.  It bugged me beyond belief that every health care person we discussed it with except for our pediatrician assured us that it was easier than his circ had been (they all just assumed.)   Thought there are certain similarities, in that they are both surgeries performed on very small babies with out general anesthesia, they are mostly very different. Tongue ties are only clipped if the...