or Connect

Posts by eepster

I think I need to clarify.  It's not a big deal that BIL and DN can't come.  It's mostly a kiddie party and DN is a teenager.  Inviting them really was just kind of a polite thing to do with family.  I wasn't even sure they'd have felt like coming if it hadn't been Super Bowl Sunday.   I'm really mostly worried very very few of DS little friends from preschool will make it.  I don't even really need/want most of them to come (it's a Montessori, so large class size,)...
I just discovered that I scheduled DS b-day party for the same time as the Super Bowl.  I discovered this b/c BIL rsvp'ed that he and DN couldn't come, and mentioned that it was b/c it was Super Bowl Sunday.   have I completely ruined DS's 5th b-day?  Will anyone come?  Is it too late to reschedule?
Are you sure its a yeast rash and not an allergic reaction to the antibiotics?  If it's yeast it will be fairly localized and bumpy.  If it's allergic it will be more general and flat.   If it is yeast, I second the suggestion for Monistat.
I'm going to second the NICU nurse suggestion, and add that another option is a pediatric nurse trained in a non-circ country (most of Europe, Asia and South America.)  Around here there are many nurses who went to Irish nursing schools.
It sounds like both your DS and you need a place you can each call yours.  Your DS is the only male surrounded by females, and you are the only adult surrounded by kids.     Maybe you can set him up something down in the basement.  It doesn't have to be for sleeping, but it sounds like he needs a private place.  As he gets into the teen years this need will just get greater.  It needs to be a place his sisters are just not allowed to go to, and you agree to only go...
As an art student, then as a TA in the art department, I've seen many many student critiques.  The value of them varies greatly.  Frankly maturity of the group played a huge role in how valuable a critiquing was.  We are talking about people all over the age of 17, many in their 20s or older.   At the end of it all though, after the students had discussed and the artist had defended, the grade came from either the professor or me the TA. It never was up to a fellow...
Yeah, it doesn't sound like a UTI.   Could you try doing no diaper at all for while.  It seems like too much of a coincidence that the infection started right when you switched diapers.  I would suspect the change somehow caused the infection.  (Possibly started as an allergic reaction or simple irritation that then developed into the infection.)  Try to keep him in easy to clean places, and maybe try some EC techniques.     Needing to treat it inpatient seems...
You're correct.  You shouldn't be messing with it.   At 4yo, they don't usually look at the penis anymore.  No more diaper rash to worry about, and condescended testicles would have been dealt with earlier, so underwear just usually stays on.   If she brings it up, ask her "why?"  Ask her if she has any literature about it.  This should help her think it over herself and figure out that it isn't a good idea.  If she asks you why you don't think you should...
I would be somewhat concerned over the second UTI, and want to look into it a bit.  So, I would ask around for a Dr that I felt comfortable with and whose opinion I actually trusted.  I would post in your tribal area for recommendations.   I would actually start with a new pediatrician, and not go straight to a urologist.  I would want to take a more broad look at the problem, and what might be causing it.  Was this a recurrence of the original infection b/c the...
hasn't anyone had any experience with this?  Did the school just make it up?