or Connect

Posts by ElliesMomma

we got the Norovirus right after Halloween. like, the next day or maybe two days later. can't remember exactly but it was HELL. daughter woke up covered in vomit, vomit everywhere on her bed. i had to strip her clothes, put her in the shower. wrap her in towel, comfort her, get her in a new bed with a barf container handy. meanwhile strip the *entire* bed, stuffed animals, sheets, comforter, pillows even had to be washed. really seriously messy barf. it took *hours*. it...
thanks, WaturMama and Fuller2. i bled for 4 days, it was not spotting but bright red and significant, although not as heavy as usual. so i've decided it was not midcycle bleed but rather an extremely short cycle. i've also decided that it was probably due to a very early miscarriage / chemical pregnancy.    i had another vivid weird dream, in which i gave birth to a bunch of swimming fish / frog combinations. of which, i looked it up, and fish and frogs are both symbols...
can i revive this thread? i'm the OP... does that give me the right? my daughter is now 5, and still mispronouncing "vampiper" -- which i think is pretty darn cute. her 2 year old brother refers to himself as "ah-me" (we think it's a combination of "I" and "me") but i'm afraid we all find it too cute, and are now referring to him as "ah-me" as well. 
he was just following MIL's orders.
hi ladies, i'm a veteran of this thread (see my success story way uptread, i was 40 when i conceived and 41 (and breastfeeding BTW) when i had my healthy son, who is now 2. we are not really TTC, but i do have an experience recently that i could use your insight upon, if i may jump in (or "crash" as it were) and sorta pick your collective brains for some possibilities.   we are not using protection but relying upon the withdrawl method, as well as none-too-frequent...
personally, i think i'd err on the side of telling my kids that the neighbor man/dad is a danger to kids. that they should definitely stay away from him, and that they should tell you immediately if he so much as tries to talk with them. that the police don't want the man having any contact with kids, and that's why he is not supposed to leave his house anymore.
yes, here's how i would de-escalate this conversation -- she mentions green vegetables and how to cook kale and collards... pick it up from there, and start engaging a conversation with her about kale and collards and how to cook them. remember, she is not giving you orders! she won't remember the conversation an hour from now, anyway. just get her talking about how to cook the greens. heck, you might even pick up some interesting tidbits along the way of listening to her...
my DD is in Spanish immersion kindergarten, 1/2 day. she is eating like never before. we are just truly amazed and impressed at her appetite. until she started SI kindy, she would hardly eat; now she comes home asking for food and chows down. i also have her in an English speaking pre-K for afternoon enrichment, and at the end of 5 hours of being in school... yes, my little energizer bunny is falling asleep in the car.
good job! have you considered getting yourself a little "talk therapy" / counseling -- to help you feel sure in your choices to stand your ground with your parents? sounds like your mother is your father's enabler.    they will not change.   you can only change yourself. which may mean doing exactly what you are already doing... but becoming more sure and confident in your choices.   i wish you luck. it's a long hard journey. but life has a way of giving you...