or Connect

Posts by ElliesMomma

right. we are all "selfish" by necessity. geeze. men are not called out on it, but women are. mothers in particular, particularly because mothering in and of itself is inherently UNselfish. which is why people feel the need to tag a mother as selfish. mothers, being inherently unselfish, are easy targets for this type of victimization.    it has everything to do with women being the underclass of the two genders, and the reason for their being so is by the very...
cruising through the year. cleaning my closets and have decorated my porches, like i drew on my TM. daughter starts school today and with the smooth transition i had hoped when i listed it back in april. significantly, i found a Myofascial Release person and am doing whole body work to improve my life in every chakra. she was interested in hearing about the TM too. still haven't met my fav rock star. not sure how that one will ever happen, but remain open to possibilities!
i think the best reason to declutter is that you get the great feeling of freedom that comes from being in wide open spaces and seeing blank surfaces. if, by contrast, it's all cluttered up, you get an "itchy," or "nervous" feeling -- you have the sense that you ALWAYS have work to do. wouldn't it be nice to just have your routine household chores, dishwasher, laundry, dump garbage cans, vacuum/sweep, etc. and not have the monumental tasks of always having to decide...
maybe it happened in the middle of the night and she didn't want to disturb you guys for some reason. no doubt she was embarrassed.  what's most important?  * why the accident happened in the first place. * the hygiene aspect of washing hands thoroughly whenever they touch poop. * telling you that it happened. if it were me, i would focus on what's MOST important. does she have the condition where a child has chronic constipation and the bowels become stretched...
forum crashing...   ... i too was worried about induction. as it turned out i went a week early. maybe b/c i had a nursing toddler. nipple stimulation = powerful contractions.   maybe b/c she was incredibly active and i was literally running to keep up with her (running the bases with her after minor league bball game about 48 hours prior to delivery, and running alongside a motorized "train" on uneven ground during a picnic about 36 hours before...
perhaps you are getting more support from the men BECAUSE they are the ones in charge, and therefore have the liberty of making decisions in your favor. the women, such as the one filling out the forms with you are underlings, and have to report to the men.  
MOST intact (uncircumcised) boys have absolutely NO problems. my son sure hasn't. the only special instructions are to make sure that nobody ever retracts him. this especially includes doctors. the only person who should be allowed to handle your son's penis is your son himself. and if he's like most boys, handle it he will. and it will be obvious that the foreskin is his favorite part.    
just dropping in/crashing...   ... but wanted to point out that giving pediasure does NOT have to sabotage your breastfeeding relationship! just like when you introduce food, always NURSE FIRST. when the baby is done nursing, offer the food (and if she won't take any, offer some pediasure). then, in a little while, nurse again. nurse, nurse, nurse. but after every nursing, offer some food, then some pediasure.   there is nothing inherently bad about pediasure in...
nice!! i'm excited that my 5 yo DD may be all of that in just 4 years!
i agree with the advice about counting to 10. doing the ABCs works, too. you could give her the choice -- do you want to nurse to the count of 10, or to the ABCs. let her choose each time. will help her learn her numbers and letters, too.