or Connect

Posts by ElliesMomma

sounds like it's normal for his job.  here's what you have to do for yourself if you want it to stop driving you crazy -- stop expecting it to be any different than it is. PLAN ON IT. for the nights that he "might" have to take someone out, DO NOT COOK. make these your "take out" nights, and order what YOU want. if you don't want to do karate, don't sign up for it.  sounds like your DH has all good intentions, but he's beholden to his boss, who decides things...
next time they bring it up, remind them that they can always move. and then stick to that line, only.
do you have any idea where these came from? i'm alarmed that they can exist in books. makes me paranoid about taking used books, of which i have taken a lot. or used clothes. yikes!!   if you sleep in a hotel, can they hitch on your luggage? if you travel by air, can they hitch on your stuff?
i'm right there with ya. even the part about the "just one item" people. i *always* encounter those. and i almost without fail let the first one in. and then, almost invariably, comes another, and another. and i just busy myself with what i'm doing instead of letting more in because -- frankly -- i've gotta get the heck out of there at some point too, the sooner the better.    i look around at the babies riding nicely in the carts, or the ones sitting in the high...
age 3 is the "usual" age for preschool. i'd wait until he is 3 and then send him, even if you start in midyear (January).
IME working with doctors, they only listen to other doctors.
hi everyone. i had a 9/8/9 baby. he's potty learning, loves to dance and thinks he can swim. actually he does everything he can to keep up with his 5 yo sister. good times, here! but tiring for mom and dad. he says a lot of words, especially if you give him a choice -- "which do you like better, fire engines or garbage trucks" (answer: gaga (garbage trucks)). still doesn't have all his teeth! but eats like a champ. nurses a ton too. naps 2-4 hours every afternoon...
do.... nothing. that's the beauty of leaving your child intact.    DON'T ask the ped. for help. they are notoriously wrong -- most of them seem to think you have to retract the foreskin and clean it with soap underneath. YIKES!   and finally, don't expect an infection. expect that he won't have an infection. you don't have to monitor it daily or obsess over whether it is OK to be slightly red at the tip. like ANY infection on any part of the body -- you will know...
OP: how old are your kids? if they are all still "little kids," i think it really makes attachment parenting harder. AP does come naturally to me; i'm just that personality type. but it also made sense to me to space my kids far enough apart so that i would have more time for each one. and i only have two. -- and it's still hard work to meet each of their needs. i truly cannot imagine being able to "attachment parent" at the level that i do, with more than two kids under...
awareness is the first step, so you are on your way.   is your husband one of the people you are co-dependent upon?   take it slow. accept yourself.   LOTS of people are codependent. you are in good company.