or Connect

Posts by teachma

Btw age 2.5, when she was first out of diapers, and age 4.5, at which she consistently demonstrated nighttime dryness, we also did what I called "sleepy pee-pees.". I put her on the toilet at 11pm right before I went to sleep. She always peed and slept right thru the potty trip. Then she could easily stay dry 5:45 or 6am (early riser).
Did he/she naturally outgrow them, or did your child eventually need speech therapy to develop proper pronunciation? If the latter, at what age did you first pursue help? My son will be 2 next week. He is my third, and like my first two, he is quite good with language. He speaks long sentences, correctly pluralizes nouns and uses proper tenses for verbs most of the time. However, unlike my first two, he is unable to form many sounds at this time. He cannot say: c/k,...
My seven-year old, yes but my ten-year old, never. And when the 7-yr old (dd) says these things, I am always surprised. Not just at her memory, but also at the depth of her thinking at a younger age and the way that, three or four years later, she can express the complexity of that prior experience in a much more detailed way than she ever could have at the age of three. And finally, I am sometimes alarmed by the stories she shares because they are almost like "secrets"...
Google pollakiuria. That is what it's been for my son, sporadically over the last 5 yrs. See if it makes sense for yours.
It's a thing about detail and precision...at least, that's where it seems to be rooted for my 10.5 year old, compulsively correcting ds. Because yeah, he will pull the old, "It's 9:56." But he's also just as likely, if I say, "It's about 7:45," to demand, "But what time *is* it? I didn't ask you what time it's *near*!" My husband is similarly detail-oriented, somewhat of a perfectionist, and also inclined to correct (within our family, not so much with others), but my...
My April boy will be two in a few weeks and sounds similar to yours with regard to language, imagination and attention span. Whereas my two older children (one tested as gifted and the other not tested, but grade-skipped in kindergarten) did sit for wordy books long before they turned two, not this little guy! While I don't have specific book suggestions for you (I tend to go for the old Golden Books, traditional stories like The Three Bears, and anything focused on the...
I thought of dermatographia when I read that this was a skin test. I, too, tested positive for 27 of the 32 tested allergens on my skin test, and this was suspected even in my case...until the blood tests matched those same 27.
My ten-year old son is an emotionally intense, anxious child who has been a very selective eater since experimenting with his first foods. He has some sensory issues which cause him to reject many foods based on texture but has not previously demonstrated intolerances to any foods. No rashes, no digestive troubles, gas, stomachaches...that said, he is a skinny kid (average height but 64 lbs at 10.5 yrs) who has eaten small meals and few snacks his whole life. He's a...
 That is not always the case. In our private preschool, all exemptions must be approved by a pediatrician. If he does not approve of the exemption, the school administrators will say, "Vaccinate, or you're out.". Moreover, it is a religious preschool, and the religion is not one that has issue with vaccines...and the presiding pediatrician happens to be of the same religion. I am in a major quandary.
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieCatheryn We're in the city, haven't visited the woods. Isn't herpes more often found on the mouth or genitals? It'd be very rare to find on the leg like that wouldn't it? I think the herpes rash can be anywhere. My mom, for instance, was diagnosed with it on the back of her neck and dies not remember having another outbreak- even a cold sore- ever before.