or Connect

Posts by moonfairy

Ha! I'm a total copycat! (I really need to read through all the posts before I reply next time....)
Quote: Originally Posted by organicmidwestmama awesome! i might try it with almond meal replacing the oats, it sounds great! Ooh! Please update if you try it with the almond meal. I'd love to hear how it turns out! Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by kjbrown92 So you're still having soy (in the vitamins). I can't remember what's in the Bob's Red Mill GF flour mix. I know we can't have it. What kind of ham are you getting? I have only found 1 ham brand that doesn't have dairy, gluten, soy, corn in it (almost all of them have a form of lactate in it, that you'd have to call the company to find out if it's milk derived, and most also have corn in it in the form of dextrose or...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamafish9 Poor sleep and red cheeks, as well as the GI stuff, could be a reaction to salicylates or histamines (both naturally occurring chemicals in foods). And your potential TED list is really high in salicylates (and omega 6s, which can make sals sensitivity worse). I say this as someone who started a TED and discovered my kid was sals sensitive. You might try looking at the list of high and low sals foods here...
Quote: Originally Posted by kjbrown92 This is a food family chart (for things like nightshades). And whatever type of elimination diet you do choose, make sure you eat a lot of whatever you can eat. You should only have to be on a TED for a couple weeks to know if it's working. Then you can start adding things back in. It's nice that your DH is supportive of it and will help you. That always helps. I looked at the food chart some and realized...
Quote: Originally Posted by LaurieG Yes, the supplements will confuse matters. In theory the TED would be just a few weeks to get to baseline and then you can add things in. I found my DD always reacted to any supplements I was taking and that really confused my results on elimination diets. I would definitely cut the supplements for now and try hard to get your iron and vit C from food sources for the short term while you figure things out. BTW,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Path2Felicity As for our probiotics- I am taking Acidophilus with Pectin by Country Life. It has no yeast, wheat, soy, gluten, milk, salt, preservatives or artificial colors. For DD, we are using HLC neonate by pharmax. This has lactose in it, but no milk proteins (which are what is actually harmful about dairy), so it's considered dairy free. Thanks for the probiotic info...I'm taking lots of notes!
Quote: Originally Posted by Path2Felicity I don't know if potatoes would be the best choice for a TED... sweet potatoes are okay, but potatoes are nightshades and inflammatory. Also, a lot of people who are allergic to soy can tolerate soy lecithin (since it's an emulsifier). I would not stop taking multi-vitamins on a TED. I did use probiotics for both of us during the TED, but I'm not sure that I should have. DD's pediatrician told me to...
Ok, first a little background...ds is 4 months old now, has always been exclusively breastfed, and hasn't had a "normal" poo since he was 2.5-3 weeks old. Started out as *alarmingly* green diarrhea and then the mucus set in. When it began I started block-feeding, but it didn't really help. I still nurse several sessions on the same side just to be sure he gets to the hind milk. At about 4 weeks of age he had blood in his diaper. Not a lot, but enough bright red...
Hang in there, Shake!