or Connect

Posts by mntnmom

well, I think the new formula she's using is helping baby, so she'll probably give up on babywearing. But I will send her some information on why it's a good idea anyway!!
I used a snugli, which is really similar to the gogorider, with my oldest. I was in agony and gave up. With baby 2 I used a pouch sling and that was better until he was about a year. With number 3, I discovered Mei Tais and then Soft Structured Carriers!! I can still carry my 36pd 3 yr old on my back for hours if I need to, and am now carrying the new baby in the same Mei Tai I used with her big brother as a babe.
My friend has a high needs, colicy baby. She bought fabric to use as a wrap, but can't get the hang of it. I turned my woven wrap into a Mei tai, but hers is stretchy. Is there any safe way to make it easier to use? I would be afraid it would tear at the weight bearing stitches. Could we add loops to it so the "shoulder straps" could be left in place? Ideas?
I'm currently reading "The explosive child", and am finding it really helpful. DS is very emotional and sensitive. But he is also "chronically inflexible" and the concept of the book is that some kids lack the skills to handle situations, and that typical punishment and reward systems don't teach the skills kids need to learn. Kids explode differently, some hit.. some cry. It might be worth taking a look at to see if it fits.
I don't believe education and schooling are necessarily the same thing. For those with no better option to reach higher learning ie: girls in Afghanistan, formal education/schooling is a powerful thing. They can't pick up a book and self- teach. Many people in the US are in a similar boat without our public education system. But I see it as a leveling device for those whose parents who, for whatever reason, can't keep them home. Making sure their child receives a socially...
Quote: Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom Agreed. We view children as resources and a benefit to the world's future. Some people may limit their family size and their consumption, some will limit family size but increase consumption...we will enjoy whatever children come our way and work to decrease consumption and give them the tools to be tomorrow's leaders and thinkers and problem solvers. This is my husband's arguement. We are...
I've read of women with footling breech babies feeling the urge to push because of the foot hanging through the cervix. In this case, there's a good reason to wait. But maybe if you feel like pushing "early" it's because of the way the baby is lying on the cervix? Certain angles need you to push to move the baby, so the system is mostly self-righting? It makes sense to me, I would love some sort of literature on it. Anyone?
Quote: Originally Posted by hezasan I am having similar problems with carrying my 9 month old -- he's also 20 pounds and 28" tall. The one that's actually working the best for me right now is a stretchy wrap kind of like the Kangaroo Korner one. The stretchiness holds him in tighter, even when he wiggles. It's also easy to get in and out of. The problem with hip or front carriers for me right now, is I can't actually do anything while using them...
could you be overloading? Try a smaller load and see if it helps. I have a front loader and found my stink issues to be worst if I tried to wash too many dipes at once.