or Connect

Posts by Sabo

Happy Birthday Linus!! Happy Birthday Roisin!! Really, we should be out of toddlers now? Wow . . . but I guess that Aili doesn't really "toddle" anymore. I see pictures and am just shocked by how big she looks. When I actually look at her, she still seems so little.
ellairiesmom, I know what you mean. Aili has delayed reaction terrible 2's. Yesterday she had a meltdown b/c she mangled her breakfast, egg in a burrito wrap and wanted it put back together even though it was torn apart and couldn't be put back together. She was screaming and took quite a long time to calm down. I just try to remind myself that as long as we remain consistent, this is temporary and will pass. Not sure if I will still be sane when it does pass...
We were in the same boat a couple of months ago. DD would take a nap in the afternoon and had to be woken up within an hour or else she would not go to sleep at night. She would be very cranky for more than an hour after her nap and then would not fall asleep at bedtime until after 10 (almost 11 some nights, which is my bedtime), waking around 7. This type of sleep schedule was keeping dh and I from being the best parents that we could be and from being good, communicative...
Plaid, I know what you mean about the grabbiness. Sometimes I get so frustrated, but I have to remind myself that Aili is only nursing once a day now at bedtime except for once every week or two when she gets morning milk. She will throw a fit sometimes when I mention that it is not time for that, but most days she begrudgingly substitutes play, juice, milk, or a snack for nursing. It is so crazy how different these children can be. Jeanine and Katie, so sorry that...
Oh yay! Congratulations Lindsay! I can't wait to get home and look at fb pictures.
Quote: Originally Posted by leanbh omg, is this baby gonna come out yet? 38 weeks today, and my hips are killing me. my pubic bone is on the mason-dixon line of doom. BUT, we press on. it's going to be almost a hundred degree here today, and dare i say, we have NO air conditioning. well, we have it in the bedroom, but there is nothing to do in the bedroom. i've been getting contractions (super intense BH through which i can feel my cervix doin' its...
You ladies are torturing me! I just started working out again and my sides already hurt; now you have me laughing in tears. I'm not sure if the tears are from the pain in my obliques or from how funny these kids can be.
Quote: Originally Posted by *jeanine* BFing - we're down to once a day, before bed. If she had her way she'd get it more, and if I had my way we'd have been done a long time ago. Exactly what we experience even down to the, "well, mostly once a day" comment later. She also does like Plaid Leopard mentioned Yann doing, "Ouch, oh, the boo-boo" but then she starts crying to really drive home the point. I don't normally mind indulging her, but she...
Katie, I'm sorry. I hope that your body and spirit are comforted.
Katie, I'm on the edge of my seat too! Aili has been throwing toys/hitting occasionally, not out of anger or frustration very often, but mostly b/c she's checking out what it is like and excited. I try to explain that it hurts (even though tbh, she's hitting fairly softly), but it seems like she doesn't even hear me. Then I get annoyed. Right now, she's a poor little snot and boogie girl. She was lethargic and sick 2 days ago and now it looks more like allergies. She'll...