or Connect

Posts by TigerTail

Reporting from the future, my kids are now 8 & 10 & their penises have still not fallen off. Over & out.  PS My daughter, who was 13 the first time I posted here, is now 24 & has had an intact bf, & says it is *marvelous*. :P
Yeah, my income is nil right now, that's not it (and thank you for the hugs! I need one). It's just saying that he didn't meet the standards for disability. wtf? (Believe me, I'll be calling tomorrow; I just got it on Friday afternoon. Trust me, no one in that SS office has any doubts locally ; he nearly shut down the place. Our interviewer had tears in her eyes watching us; him trying to maintain, me trying to gently but firmly calm him down.) It's a State...
Can I ask where to start? Ds6 is pretty soggy of limb, can't ride trikes, didn't speak till 3 etc... (Yes, I ought to have looked into it more, sooner, but keeping his BP dear older sibling from inflicting brain damage upon him has taken precedence. Sigh.) Now that he's (sib) kind of stable, I've got to tend to the less 'squeaky wheel'- he's very bright, & I (having read only accounts of pretty severe apraxia, & gotten reassured when he began speaking in full...
OK, so shockingly, ds's SSI claim was denied (though he has been dx'd with juvenile onset bipolar, ADHD & Tourette's syndrome). : I am frustrated by vast amounts of paperwork (thank you lifelong NLD) & I don't have a clue why he was denied- there is no debate about his dxs. Are none of these considered official 'disabilities'?! Really?! (I suspect if I didn't hs him, his 'teacher's' opinion would be more readily considered. There is not one person who knows him who...
Thank you for posting that. If I am understanding correctly, that is where there would be a connection between varicella 'curing' a severe case of excema, right?
Hey; I'm sorry I didn't have the chance to research this up on all my old Yahoo groups, but I heard from my physical therapist today that this year Tennessee has buggered up (well, that's not the way she put it ) their very relaxed guidelines & is demanding more paperwork (yawn- we are eclectic with unschooling tendencies, & time I spend filling out bureaucratic BS with 'lesson plans', etc, is time we aren't learning- and with my partner's recent subdural hematoma & my...
Quote: Originally Posted by waiflywaif If anything, the schooled child has one "extra" variety of adult in his/her life: teachers and administrators. And regardless, what I said above: schooled children see all those "other" adults daily as well. We see administrators and teachers at the B of Ed almost as frequently as public schooled kids get time to interact with the wide world. (And fine, decent, sincere people with their hands full who...
Quote: Originally Posted by UnschoolnMa [COLOR="DarkRed"] [COLOR="DarkRed"]I hope that my family will continue to be very close knit as my kids enter adulthood (around the corner for us actually), and that I will continue to be a trusted source of info and someone to bounce stuff off of. Unschooled dd is going to be 22 in a month (! I remember posting about her teenage trials & tribulations here in 2000 *sniff*), & it is so extrordinarily cool....
All the more reason that when people (esp nurses caring for you after childbirth) ask, to wear your best sincere look of horror (instead of bottling it up- it's a great catharsis ), & respond emphatically, "Good God, NO!" Let them see in your eyes what you think of them for even considering such a horrifying violation. Sometimes brute honesty is required to knock unthinking people into a paradigm shift. If you (general 'you', not the OP ) are half-brainwashed still...
Shameful. It is wicked when people use someone in a vulnerable position so; who is comfortable telling the ignorami who hold your life in their hands, "Bite my arse."? Which is, of course, the correct response. Complain, complain, complain. I know that beaten, tired, "I don't have time for this crap" feeling very well; all you can do is enlist educated people in your defense while you are weak, & then fight for yourself & your child when you are able. Perhaps you...