or Connect

Posts by TigerTail

Quote: Originally Posted by Talula Fairie ...trying to commit suicide by getting out of the car while it's going (I heard that's actually common for childhood bipolar). Omega 3 fatty acids are a very effective treatment as well (not to mention very healthy!). Point a) Yeah, but not necessarily suicide attempts in younger kids ime, just psychotic HURLING themselves out the door. (I was stuck in another state for months before I could get him...
Thank you for your post- since ds7's comorbid diagnoses, I got a lot of crap about 'it must come from your family!' (really, all those generations of ticcing/rage/and impulse disorders on the ex's side had naught to do w/ it?! I'll claim the BP side though ), & my xfil, who 'moved here to see his grandkids' (2 miles away- arrrr!), hasn't bothered to see, call, or ask about the boys since then. Years. Which I will be grateful for since he's such a putz, but LORD do I need...
Vyvanse made my bp/adhd/tourettes ds psychotic (like all the other stim drugs they tried before settling on Tenex.) Clonodine and Strattera have been added to the med stew and the Tenex was discontinued (no particular reason, since it seemed to be doing a decent job- but you know the drill- new pdocs, new tweaking). I would've fought it but thought we'd give it a shot- he's grumpy and sleepy at odd times, but the mania has chilled a hair. I am so stressed and busy with...
I like a lot of the replies, but the 'this is personal', 'this is your opinion' stuff I'd skip. It's fact, not opinion; she's misinformed, & it's her business to know the facts concerning bfing and proper oral development. I know it gets tiring, endlessly educating the soi-disant edumacated folks out there about bfing myths, but hang in there, we're making ground. (The social worker I talked to when ds7 was last hospitalized was a clw'er herself, and we grinned...
hi guys! just picked up my looms for winter, doing a recycled cashmere and boucle bag at the mo.
I'm pretty dried up, with my last nursling 6 yrs old, but at my last mammogram I asked (freaking about a similar scare) & it turns out it's just a normal thing if you squeeze so hard you burst a cyst. I wish they'd tell more women this! (I'd thought I knew everything boob-related. )
rofl, no, it wasn't circ'd, it still works like it oughter. i don't have to lube the steering wheel and the seat doesn't make my tender bits sore the next day. thanks to ron, i will go on pissing off random defensive folk (i'm glad they left 'one human family', though. )
Quote: Originally Posted by Fi. I believe that sticker has an anti-circ URL on it. it ends (ended ) with 'don't circumcise'. pretty straightforward. i'm happy it got someone that riled. angry people are easier to shake out of their paradigm. and it was free .
the 'take home your whole baby' one, which i found pretty innocuous. (more flies with honey, my arse ). it's time to bring on the big guns, i think- 'not playing with a full dick', perhaps? wonder who did it, and what window of opportunity they had? i hope the memory of shamefacedly scratching off someone else's bumper sticker in a xmas-shopper filled parking lot over their own freakazoid dick-cutting issues stays with them a long, long time, and gives them pause...
we had to do this with my 6 yr old in july, and may have to do it again. i would've let him stay, agony though it was, if it hadn't been such a sub-par facility. i am so sorry, and grok the broken glass analogy entirely. love to you and him.