or Connect

Posts by TigerTail

well, she apparently believes it is too 'radical' for a woman to make important decisions about her own body; perhaps in her mind we ought to return to a time of roman law when men literally held life and death power over their 'household' (including the enslaved, of course). god, i hate this crap. it's common, freakishly common. in her mind, she's 'owned' by her dh and consequently has to take NO RESPONSIBILITY as a grown adult for requiring something any sane nation...
Quote: Originally Posted by anothermama I think your best tactic,though, is to stop approaching it from a "It's too hard for me to clean and our kids are more important" angle. It sounds a little insensitive, honestly. Try to approach it from a perspective that Maverick isn't going to get better and you don't want to have him suffer anymore. And, really, if he's not going to get better, he's going to get worse. You guys don't need to see him suffer and he...
...firebrand polemicist Christopher Hitchens rails against parents who have their boys circumcised. “As to immoral practice,” he writes, “it is hard to imagine anything more grotesque than the mutilation of an infant’s genitalia.” oh, squee! speaking truth to power, gotta love it. more americans should read this article.
hrmph? maybe i'm not getting this thread. i am extremely pleased with my own hood piercing, don't feel it was harmful in form or function in any way, and if i get bored, i can take it off with no repercussions. i am an informed, consenting adult. would i think it still wasn't a big deal if someone suggested i run into my piercing parlor and requested it done to my child's prepuce? (or um, finally snap & run screaming, "WHY WON'T THEY LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE'S PARTS...
Quote: Originally Posted by xmasbaby7 And p.s. pro-science, pro-evolution non-vaxing moms here can fill a stadium.
Eff her nonrefundable ticket. I wouldn't trust her as far as I could (well, I was gonna say 'spit', but 'shoot' with this woman is more appropriate). It took so long to come this far (you must be having the worst fire flashbacks now, I've thought of you often. ) Don't let her near. Don't let her follow you. Borrow a car, take a bus, meet somewhere neutral with NO WAY to trace your location, if you must... but she has shown where her loyalties lay, & it's not with...
if you wanted to do something immediate, real, and practical, i'd spring for an oil-filled radiant heater (craigslist?) and mention that oh, you used to need one, but you don't need this old thing anymore, and it's so much safer than a space heater for the little girl's room. people generally don't use space heaters when they have an alternative to freezing to death (btdt).
my love and prayers are with you.
bravo ron!
Quote: Originally Posted by Quirky Well, it's hard to say, really, given that we now know that the bulk of the clitoris is internal, not external. Yes, removing the external female prepuce and clitoris can't be good, but how much it's worse than/better than male circ, which removes all of the ridged band, frenulum, foreskin..... Yes, the internal workings of the clitoris occupy roughly the same amount of space as the penis. ...