or Connect

Posts by Mom2M

Wow! Thank you so much for this article. It really makes me cry because I have MS and have been doing amazingly well after the birth of my daughter 3 years ago. My doctor agreed that during the immediate post partum time, the pregnancy was still having a beneficial effect and preventing relapse. It never would occur to my doctors or me that these cells could still be present and helping me. The other day I saw a woman who was one of my son's teachers years ago when I...
My daughter just turned 3 and we had a lot of kids both friends from preschool and family so the ages ranged from 3 to 7. One of the biggest hits was a game I made from hot gluing popsicle sticks onto paper plates before the party. Then at the party the kids colored them, decorated them with stickers and some glitter. We blew up balloons and had a balloon whacking game which was really just kids running around and shouting and hitting balloons at each other. They all...
I just want to let you know that College Heights OB/GYN at LVH in Allentown supported my VBA2C. They have an office at Muhlenberg in Bethlehem also.Molly Peters was really great and especially supportive. Good luck! I hope you get your VBAC
I wore my November baby a lot but it does get cold and windy here and I loved having the bucket to transfer from the car to wherever we were going. She never would stay asleep if I tried to move her from the seat to a carrier so that made it worse with a crying baby and freezing cold weather. You don't have to use the stroller for long periods of time if you don't want to and we had no issues with head flattening and airway problems even if we left her in the seat and...
Please post the width measurement when you can, I hope it is small! I'm having a very hard time fitting 2 boosters plus a marathon.
I love wraps for a newborn but if you want something super fast like a structured carrier, I would totally recommend the Beco Gemini. It fits really small babies without an insert and lasts for a long time. My DD was in it up to 23 pounds and the only reason I stopped using it is because I got my dream carrier
If you hang them in the sun it will kill stink and take out stains. The only problem I have with that is it makes prefolds crunchier than I like. Otherwise you could use bleach once in a while or every time if you have toddler poop.
In my personal experience, my 7 year old DD attended a church preschool for 2 years that included crafts and some letter and number stuff but she loved it and had fun the whole time as far as I could tell. She made a friend there who is still one of her best friends even though they now attend different schools. Her hours were 2 days a week for 4 hours/day when she was 3 and then 3 days a week for 4 hours a day when she was 4. I have seen no behavioral issues at all and...
I read through this article and did not come to the same conclusion that you have.What I get from it is that the best time to start preschool is between the ages of two and three with cognitive benefits seen in all groups.Earlier than 2 years of age is associated with detrimental effects on behavior and no significant cognitive gains.For high income families, attending preschool for between 15-30 hours per week show cognitive gains in pre reading and math skills with no...
thebabywearer.com is where I always go. There is a huge for sale or trade area for all different kinds of carriers.