or Connect

Posts by chicklet

oh, mamaduck...we're so lucky to have more information these days. Parents just tried to do their best, thought what they were doing was the right thing I'm sure. Apparently dh was a bedwetter. My MIL is a very understanding person and a wonderful mother so they were all able to get through the situation allright. We'll just keep up with the pull-ups and hope for the best!!
Lucy - I get it now. I really think this is going to be a great program for us. Dd is very visual and artistic, so I like that we can tailor the activities accordingly. I also love that each day is one subject. I would not like the idea of having to have time slots alotted ; 10-11 math , 11-12 science....this just makes much more sense. Though I'm sure I'll get the "oh no!! It's not Math day again!!"
Thanks Mamas, I realize we're not alone here. I don't have a problem per se with the pull-ups. I don't really know much about night time training, when it should be normal for a child to have dry nights. alexa07, thanks for the info, too. Very interesting. Wonder what our moms did before pull-ups. Probably alot of laundry!
DD still wears pull-ups overnight, she trained late and we haven't tackeled the night time thing. My thoughts were to just let her be and when the pull-ups are dry, then she won't need them any more. But that seems to be so long and far away!! Anyone else have any sound advice?
Thanks Lucy. I have heard great things about the program, When you re-row I assume you use books that are more challenging and age-appropriate? I'm still getting to know about FIAR and have some questions. I'm going to skip kinder, so I thought that FIAR would be a good choice.
We used the Cosco Eddie Bauer - I wasn't happy with it. We only used it for about a year, then dd outgrew the straps. We chose the Britax Super Elite (no longer made under thet name) and I can keep her in it to 80lbs with a harness. I'm saving my $ for the Marathon for ds, 30lbs and rear-facing now in a 4yo Fisher Price from dd. I wish I had bought the Roundabout instead of the FP - I would have saved in the long run. Sometimes it pays to buy the better seat.
Heard great things from a mom who uses FIAR and I visited their website. It seems like a nice program. Right now I'm looking for a cirriculum to start dd in September. Anyone use it and love it -or not?
I have heard wonderful things about the Britax Marathon, and new Wizzard. They may seem costly, but I have 5 carseats for my 2 kids, If I had bought a Britax for dd when she was born I would have saved alot of $! I'm saving for the Marathon for ds, it will take him to 60lbs in a 5pt harness. Dd is in the Super Elite which will take her to 80lbs in a harness. I tried the Eddie Bauer (Cosco) seat and a Fisher-Price and they don't hold a candle to the Britax...
I have a 1 year old Baby Trend that i can wear my 30lb chubba lub in for about 2 1/2 hrs max. It does kinda hurt my shoulders but I'm keeping it because it has a very wide and comfortable seat for ds, some of the others have a "sling" type seat that I don't feel is as comfortable for him. I would keep in mind 2 important features ( besides safety for baby of course). It should have a comfortable and wide waist band for you and be easy to adjust depending on the type...
I had a wonderful pg with dd, I could have been pg forever!! I truly didn't want it to end!! Then with ds, holy cow!! It was awful, every feeling intensified. I had so many aches and pains, stretching pains, worse morning sickness, he was breech - the whole terrible ta-do. If I have another I'm hping for a girl and a great pg like my first!!