or Connect

Posts by 3girlmom

I don't think being comfortable with leaving your children means you care for them with any less intensity than the parents who have trouble separating. I think it's dangerous to suggest that some children are so precious or so much more attached to their parents that they can't be expected to conform to drop-off procedures. Our school now does a drop-off line where the kids leave the car, and it's great. At our old school, when the parents walked the kids in, I think...
Yup, in our experience, the tiptoe walking was sensory avoidance. Trying to avoid getting all the sensory information from the feet by limiting the feets' contact with the surface. This is also the reason she hated crawling and taught herself to walk at 8 months.
We're fans. I've even taken the workshop and can do it on my older kids and husband, who really respond. Of course, I'm not nearly knowledgable or gifted enough to do the work my SN toddler needs; we've seen one specially trained therapist and now go to our DO, who is covered by our insurance. I've seen great results with it, and I also think it is something you can do that definitely doesn't ever do any harm.
We scheduled the testing for first thing in the morning, so I nursed at about 2:00 and then not again. If they'll "let" you nurse depends on the technician, I imagine...if you've had tests done before, and there's one you like, I would request that person. I assume to get to this point you've been to the dr's a lot before, and now is the time to call in any favors for that first appointment and the good technician. DO NOT GO ALONE. It is too difficult to deal with a...
I have an FTT daughter, 19 pounds at 21 months. We know that she has an endocrine disorder which makes it difficult for her to grow, but we still don't have a handle on why she won't gain any weight, and we've had this diagnosis for about a year now. We've been through the tests you'll have. The 6-hour thing was rough, especially since they hadn't ordered the correct lab apparatus and we had to wait another hour and a half for it to arrive. You will definitely want...
I'm also a VA resident, and my understanding is that kindergarten remains optional in VA. You don't need to file paperwork to homeschool this year, and even if you do, you are not required to prove anything at the end of kindergarten. I may be wrong, as I am the last person to understand the various intricacies of homeschooling laws, but I started homeschooling midway through kindergarten year and didn't have to do any testing or submit anything at the end of the year. ...
Signing Time! www.signingtime.com My youngest has a condition that will probably cause her to have at least partial hearing loss. We are a no-tv family, but enough people raved about this program and I finally broke down and ordered some of the DVDs. Then, I ordered more. They are awesome. Apparently it's a show on PBS, so you could DVR if you have one. Since we don't have a tv, we just watch the DVDs on the computer.
My Montessori'd 6.5 year old has been doing TKD for about a year, even since a demonstration at her school. I would not choose it for myself, but she really loves it. I like the program a lot. She cannot test for the yellow belt until she has 150 classes and is at least 7. This has taught her to persevere and to have an eye on the long term. And, the 5 tenets of TKD, which the teachers discuss in classes, are helpful disciplinary techniques. I just holler them out as...
What percentile is she in for height?
Wow, Petit Bateau wants $21.00 for a pair of panties...that my daughter will undoubtably poop in...yikes (I do love their clothes, though)! I placed an order for some nice organic cotton panties at The E.C. store. Thanks so much, ladies! :