or Connect

Posts by Spring Lily

I'd love to know what their neonatologist's instructions to them were. Because of health risks and also RSV season, we were strongly encouraged not to take our twins in public until after their due date. I would also love to know how she was able to EBF 32 weekers when they were only 3 weeks old. That just blows my mind. My 34 weekers couldn't EBF until AFTER their due date. Most 32 weekers would not even be home by the 35 week mark, much less be physically able to...
The fact that you already nursed a baby puts you in a good situation, because you will have the ability to make even more milk with your 2nd (and 3rd) babies. An LC told me that, and it really helped ease my mind. Whether you need formula really has to do with your supply in the beginning and, if you have preemies who can't nurse yet, how much you can pump. I only had to rely on formula because I couldn't pump enough, but by working hard at my supply I was able to...
I think a lot of what you're going through with this has more to do with coming to peace with these celebrations in your own head, rather than the actions of what you celebrate. I don't see Christmas as CHRIST-mas, but as a holiday that grew from ancient pagan traditions of marking the passing of the seasons. We bring in an evergreen tree decorated with lights because of those origins, and as part of the celebration we have food, family, and gifts. Santa Claus visits...
This is exactly what I've read about it. That when it happens it's got nothing to do with a MW touching you, it's about the baby pressing on nerve groups on the way down the birth canal. Which is why you can't plan it.I suppose if you were in a very relaxed state, using hypnosis techniques, you could put yourself in the state most receptive to this happening, but really I don't see how you could try to have that kind of neurological reaction.
We used a full size Arms Reach during the newborn stage. Then when they were able to nurse in the side-lying position (and I was getting slightly more sleep and felt safer cosleeping) I put them in my bed, one on each side of me. That way I could simply flip from side to side to nurse through the night as they woke up. I put a guard railing on the side of the bed and we also put the mattress on the floor so it would be lower. At about a year old, we side-carred the...
I've never heard of a MW having a woman focus on that if she doesn't want to. How does your sister feel about it, is she feeling pressured or is she the one interested in it?I seem to remember reading about this phenomenon in the book "Birthing from Within" or in the Hypnobirthing book. I swear it was in at least one of those. Both predate the movie, too.I've got to correct you on that--it's incorrect that you have to be in a certain state of mind. Sometimes rape...
Just came in from the front page, I'm sorry you had such a short cycle. When you had a cold, did you mark off the "illness" or "fever" boxes in the data entry form? Your elevated BBT was likely from being sick. I'd guess that being sick threw things off and you had a short, anovulatory cycle, just a one-off. I am not sure why people are saying chemical pregnancy, unless that's just based on the symptoms? The symptoms you felt can be caused by your regular hormones,...
My first thought was marinara, too, that would be a great dipping sauce. I think either of those two ideas would be good. Maybe it's too much work with everything else you have to do, but what about doing half and half, so there is a choice? Please post the hash brown & apple casserole, that sounds delicious and like something my kids would go for!
I'm sorry to hear that. Even if you don't want to use the hospital, it is nice to know that you can trust them, should you for some reason end up there. Forcing you into an unnecessary c-section seems contrary to Kaiser's system--they're all about not pressuring doctors to do more intervention than is necessary. But it sounds like you have a good plan going into this and are feeling increasingly more comfortable with a home birth, and that's a big part of it. Best of...
I'm so sorry you're going through such a difficult decision so close to the births. Not all Kaisers have that same policy/problem with breech births. My Kaiser OB & perinatologist were supportive of me trying a natural, med-free birth as long as baby A was head-down. My baby B was flipping between transverse and breech, and it wasn't an issue. I know you're looking at this as two choices, that hospital or home, but I wanted to throw out there the possibility of...