or Connect

Posts by Spring Lily

I find it interesting that you are more concerned about her getting the enrichment "specials" than about getting the basic instruction for reading and math. The kids in the other K class missed out on stuff too, but you don't seem to mind them missing the academics.We've already covered in this thread that there is not enough time in the 1/2 day for her to got both reading/math AND specials. What is your purpose in sending her to school? To get enrichment like the...
I agree with whatsnextmom. It sounds like you're upset that your child isn't able to participate in everything, but she's not there as long as the other kids. If she's in a full-day program and is only there half-day, it is unreasonable to expect that the teacher is going to keep the afternoon activities completely separate from the morning activities. Also, bringing the principal in so early int he school year before you've really tried to work this out with the...
I think I'd still do the same thing, for the same reasons. If the friend wants to just play with R, why shouldn't those two have that opportunity without D having to come too?
My 2 yr old son has been having major trouble over the past year learning to calm himself down when he gets upset. I started taking him to his room and lying down with him on his bed, cuddling and just hugging him for a long time. I'd breathe loudly and deeply near his head to model learning to take deep breaths. I also gave him his lovey to hug, to help him learnt o self-soothe with it. It was too disturbing for my daughters to have him throwing these raging tantrums...
I agree with you. But I think the problem is that there is very little you can do.As for that author's suggestion, ha ha! To be able to change, a narcissist has to be able to accept that a criticism of their behavior is valid. True narcissists do NOT do well with criticism. Their egos are so fragile, like a balloon. All blown up out of proportion, but thin and with nothing inside. They had a powerful rage to protect that balloon from being popped, and if you try it...
Parenting comes naturally to some people--meaning the nurturing, present, empathetic part of it. You can have all that instinct, but still not fully understand things about discipline or how best to teach your children certain things. Even the most instinctual parents need to learn about the specifics of handling the day to day raising of children. Our reactions are based on our own experiences just as much as they are on our instincts, and I don't care who you are,...
My twins have started preschool too and I'm preparing for this scenario. If one child gets to go to a playdate, then it would make sense that the other one gets to either have a friend over too or have some fun mommy time. Really, having only 1 at home is a perfect opportunity for them to invite one of their own friends over for some one on one playtime to deepen that friendship. I would worry that trying to get the 2nd one invited is actually pushing the twins to be a...
DeChRi, it really could go either way. An ultrasound at 4wks is pointless because no one can see anything that early, so put that one out of your mind. The heartbeat usually starts around 6w2d or 6w3d, so not finding a heartbeat on that ultrasound might just mean the dates are a day off and it just needed another 24 hours. Or it could mean that something went wrong with cell division and that sac is empty. It's just very hard to know. However, I would certainly not...
I've heard that regularly eating local honey can help with pollen allergies, and I'm wondering if anyone has information on this. How often do you have to eat it, how long, and how much? I'm thinking that if I use it in my tea all winter, maybe it could help me in the spring, but I don't know if I'm ingesting enough of it that way.
When they were very small I used a double co-sleeper:http://www.armsreach.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_18_1&products_id=19When they were big enough to roll over, I moved them into my bed and slept in between them. We also side carred the crib to give us more space and to put one down in there. The bigger they got, the more we used that.