or Connect

Posts by beckyphry

Hi everyone. I'm looking for other mamas who have experience with anti-e antibodies during pregnancy. I'm newly pregnant with #2. After the birth of my first child (emergency c-birth), my blood work showed that I had developed anti-e antibodies (basically, my husband has e proteins in his blood and I do not. My daughter must have the e protein as well, and during the surgery my blood was exposed to hers and my blood developed the antibody. This is just my own theory, I...
Thanks for the compliments on Maya. Quote: Originally Posted by PiePie Becky, I am interested to here how WAH goes. Do you have a babysitter in for those times? If not, how do you manage? What are your employer's expectations re how "available" you will be via phone, email, etc.? Honestly, I can't get much work done while I'm home. I work my a$$ off while I'm in the office to make it do-able. My job is incredibly flexible and I work for a...
Hiiiiii!! You know how sometimes you get so darn busy that the idea of coming back to your favorite thread on MDC and trying to catch up makes your head hurt? So you just keep putting it off and putting it off and you never find the time? Yeah. That's me. Working full time, including 2 days from home with Maya, has made me insanely short on free time. But I'm doing great. Updated pix of Maya on her blog (link in my sig). I can't believe she's almost 6...
Ok, I left off on page 9 and can't possibly catch up. Maybe I'll try later today if Daddy can be on Baby Duty for a while! I've been so busy with work lately. I'm doing 2 days a week from home, with Maya, so that means I really can only work while she's napping, and now that she's decided that 30 minute naps are just fine and dandy, that means I don't get much done when I'm working from home. My days in the office are non-stop, and I'm pumping at work every 3 hours and...
Argh. I just had this long post written up and accidentally deleted it. Elizabeth, we can't do carries that splay her legs, either. She hates it. The side carry works wonderfully for us for that reason. Rachel, here's a picture of Maya in the sling when she was 2 weeks old (hence my unshowered lovliness): http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1199/...dd198bcb2c.jpg She's just facing sideways, legs slightly extended in the sling. With the Ergo, her legs just hang out the...
Hi everyone! I've read posts back to the 24th but obviously can't do personals... I've been gone so long! We were with my family for Christmas - a 2 hour car ride - and things went ok. We had Meltdown Maya on Christmas because she couldn't nap. Ugh. But other than that, things were fine. We left the 27th for Arizona to celebrate my husband's grandfather's 90th birthday. She was ok on the plane - we had a few short crying spells as she tried to fall asleep - but other...
Julia, your supply will be fine. Maya often goes 5 hours during her first stretch at night, and still nurses every 2 hour during the day no problem. Glad your little man got some good sleep! (oh, and I've done the dream feed too, when I want to nurse Maya before I leave for work but she's still sleeping. She barely wakes up and passes right back out, so you could try that also). Rachel, so sorry for your trials at the hospital all night. Yuck! And hopefully your hubby...
Julia, glad your LC helped you out! Ollie in his pouch is adorable! And congrats on finding an au pair. That's something I'll consider after we have our next one (in a couple years). I'm also weird about having a "roommate" but it's just so great for the kids, I think! And happy birthday!!! Elizabeth, glad you started to feel a little better. The vax book does have a great delayed AND alternative vax schedule. I bet you'll find it helpful. Oh, and I think that was me who...
Quote: Originally Posted by PiePie just put it on my to buy list (very long) pls summarize bc dd's 4 mo appt is next week!! I'll try to summarize the info for the 4 month vax later today. My favorite part is when Dr. Sears gives his "The Way I See It" at the end of every section. I'll try to summarize those for you. Good luck with the job stuff! Elizabeth, so sorry you might have thrush again! You poor thing! And the other trials and...
Wow, am I behind. Starting back on page 8... Re: working from home -- starting next week I'll be working from home two days per week. Thankfully right now my job isn't that demanding so it'll be fine, but I may end up taking a promotion, and I'm worried that if I do, I'll have trouble keeping up while at home. Re: what do I do with baby all day? I hold her on my lap in the boppy facing me and talk/sing to her. She lays on her activity mat. I sit her in the bumbo...