or Connect

Posts by Nonie's mom

6 weeks with dd1 and dd2. My son, however is 10 months and no sign yet. Figures because we wanted another right away. I was random nursing dd2 and D's for 9 of his 10 months though. That apparently made a huge difference.
I wanna play here too!!!! I wasn't active when I was pregnant but the short of it is that I have a girl G who was born January 16 and was 11 days late. We had a UC and it was amazing. She is tasting solids now and her sleep has changed and she screams bloody murder if I don't hold and walk her all the time. Ugh. It is nice to hear others going through this too. Other than the screaming, I absolutely adore everything about her. Ok, so I love the screaming too in a...
The birth of dd1 was a textbook midwife attended hospital waterbirth after an even more textbook pregancy. So for our second pregnancy/birth we decided to go with a homebirth with a midwife. After some research I thought we had found the perfect midwife but oddly enough the relationship soured 3/4 through the pregnancy and we decided to do it alone. We had discussed having a UC in the beginning but I wanted the prenatal care. So at this point we were a week from my due...
My dh and I have become recently dissinchanted with our mw. My dh is a super active involved dad and she has sort of said she wishes dads would just sit on the couch and watch tv while she does her thing. This is not so cool with us so we are now thinking that a UC is what would be best for us at this point. We have a little more than a week to go before D day. So we figure, why not. I got what I wanted, which was the prenatal care and now we are getting the private...
My dd who is 2 yrs 8 mo calls it "ma". She was saying this since she could talk but thick headed me didn't figure it out until she was about a year. I always knew what she wanted but didn't connect the "ma" with nursing. Sometimes now that she can talk a lot better she says, "Mommie I want to nurse." 90% of the time it is "ma" though. My dh thought it would be funny for her to learn, "Nice boobies." So I hear that frequently or, "Mommie, I like your boobies." ...
I haven't posted on here in a while and just updated my profile. We are actually in Colorado and due to safety issues I can't post where...odd, I know. I think I just need to call around and see where I can get in. I was just trying to avoid a clinic I guess. I will certainly entertain more ideas until then. I will probably not get to go for a couple of days yet.
We are new to town (two months) and don't have a family doctor here yet. We haven't been to a doctor/hospital since dd was born.
I'm 11 weeks pregnant tomorrow with baby #2. I haven't been to a midwife yet as we are still interviewing. I picked up a bug of some sort last Saturday, over a week ago. The only thing that hurts is my throat and it is horrible. I am not a doctor person and being pregnant I didn't want antibiotics or anything so I have tried to ride it out. I can't take it anymore. I have to be on tylenol 24 hours and it hardly touches the pain. I got some throat spray too but that...
I'm glad you posted this. I was just about to post a sorta similar question. I have a 20mo old who does not fall asleep without being nursed down....with the exception of in the car occasionally. I don't really mind spending an half hour or more getting her to sleep, but it would be nice if she would just lay down and go to sleep. That is so out there, I know now that I have typed it but I can still ask it. I watched John and Kate plus 8 the other day and she put...
I love having her close to me!