or Connect

Posts by Dea

Oh ugh! I'm so sorry!  I was feeling horrible early last week and just had a day in bed and by the late afternoon I was so over being in bed.  I'm glad I don't have to do bedrest.   I hope it improves quickly for you.  I did read an article a while ago, but I have no idea where it is that bed rest is now being not favoured as much as helping.  Not sure, not going to suggest that you don't listen to your doc though.   Stay in wee babe!  It's warm and cozy in there!
I've never used one, so it'll be interesting, although mine will be nearly 6 and nearly 4, so I can tell them to not push the baby.  When DS was born DD was nearly 2 and she listened when I asked her to not pester him when I wasn't wearing or holding him.   I think it'll depend on the personality of the child too.
I love placentas, so of course I was super curious about this one.  It wraps nearly all of the way around my uterus, but I guess that's okay 'cause it's still early.  But I can feel this little miss move, which leads me to believe I might be in for a ride with her as she grows!  She's going to be a busy one!
READING!  Admittedly I read crap, horrible crap, mind numbing, yet fun crap.  Also right now I am reading the 2nd book in the Game of Thrones series.  Ohhh weee they are dense!  I am totally addicted to vampire books, anything with vampires I'll read.  Some days I wonder if I am really a 15 year old girl.  ;)
mataji4, they are a little costly, we paid about $800 US for ours but it also had the rumble seat.  Personally I think it's worth it for a stroller that works well and is comfortable.   Michelle, that's the one I'm getting, but I'm going to get the one with the elephants, I'm getting us used though, so I"m not sure if you can still get the elephants or not.  Normally I'd care less for a P&P since I never used it for the other 2, but I have no changing area on my main...
How small did you want it to fold? I have a Phil and Ted's that we drove into the ground.  I used it a lot, (even though I baby wore a lot).  But it's had 4 years of hard use, and mostly in the past 2 years.  But it can have the main seat go totally flat, which is ideal for a newborn. I do love that stroller, sigh.  We put it through it's paces, so I'd always recommend it.   Although we are looking at a city select now, 'casue I like how I can change the sitting...
emsimmons75, I'm due Nov 30 and I feel like this will be a dec babe since my first 2 were late.   ALSO UPdate,  I'm having a girl!
Considering this is my 3rd and we cosleep we need very little of anything.  However I am considering a playpen for my downstairs.  I want one with lots of storage and has a diaper changing station.  Mostly I want it 'cause we spend most of our time downstairs, but it's all hardwood and I want somewhere soft and safe to place the baby while i'm doing XYZ.   Any recommendations?  I had one with my other kids but never used it and gave it away, but now with the new house...
Thanks all!   I have an SNS from DD, it was a nightmare!  But we made it work.  One of the nurses gave me a homemade one which worked a little better.   The problem I have with them is with subsequent babes I have less time to juggle extra equipment and struggle with it.  Hoepfully though I can work something out. I've seen the milk donating sites.  I'm a little squirrley about it, not about sharing milk, so awesome, but about that mama's diet, I am so careful...
ACK Babywearing is such a passion of mine! I plan to get a *ahem* couple more wraps for this babe.  I have an excuse, I do, they're pretty?  :)   I have a few becos that I love as well, and a mei tei, a scoota and a bunch of kangaroo pouches, but I'm so sad that they went out of business!  The bummer is that they are all XLs and I am a S now.  I hope I can alter them. I have a beautiful silk ring sling that DS loved, I hope I get lots of use out of it...