or Connect

Posts by Dea

OH and about weight gain. I want to be all loving and say that we shouldn't worry about it, we should just eat healthy and it'll be fine, but I am a little paranoid about it.  I did just lose 100lbs.  I don't want to mess with that, but on the other hand, I know that I'll gain some.  I hope it's not too much.  I have a scary number for me, I have to remind myself that it would be unhealthy for me to NOT gain weight, especially since I am at this weight now. 
I love this thread, I love food, I love to talk about food. I had weight loss surgery a year and a bit ago, and I am a bit of an anomoly in the WLS world because I believe in a full fat diet, no fake sugars and healthy whole foods.  I don't do processed food, so it's been hard to talk about food with the dieticians that the doctors want me to see. Anyhow, for me because I can't eat big quantities, but still have to nourish my body and the baby, I am struggling a...
I know that it's a little early... but...  With my first I felt her at 12 weeks, with my 2nd at 8 weeks, and I was even dubious, but I felt him, then we had an ultrasound and there he was, right where I felt him.  I did some reading and from what I understand they rather ping around in your uterus, bouncing off of the walls, literally.  HA! So this one, about 8.5 weeks, and today (I am 9 weeks exactly) I have felt this baby a handful of times, just little flicks,...
I'm Nov 30, I'm pretty sure this will be a Dec babe.  I don't have strong feelings of gender yet.  But we are going to do the early DNA blood test for fun.  I'm eligible this weekend!
Hi! So I coslept with DD until she was nearly 4 and DS until he was 2.  Then they both moved into their own room together in a bed with a trundle.  It's been fine, they have no issues, and I understand I've been lucky. For DD we got her a toddler bed when she was 18 mos because we got a deal on it, she thought it was amusing and slept some nights in it, we had it at the foot of our bed.  She mostly slept with us. I am curious what size your bed is? For us we got...
With DD I was sure she was a girl, sure sure sure.  Then we had an ultrasound at 16 weeks and I was told she was a boy and I argued with the technician saying I was sure she was a girl.  Anyhow she printed me the photo showing a penis.  Yay a boy!  So we went home, bought some boy things and got used to the idea that we were having a boy.  Then we went for the 20 week ultrasound (I get a lot 'cause DH has a genetic heart issue that we watch out for) and the same...
Dh thinks boy based on my cravings.  I'm feeling boy a little, but I feel a little off.  DD says girl.  Ha!  I have one of each so I have no desire for either, although a boy would be a little better then my 2 youngest would be boys.  We'll see.  Incidentally I am pregnant enough this coming weekend to do the early blood test gender reveal.  Which is amusing to me, I'd like a surprise, but DH wants to know, so why not go the way of science, how awesome to find out 10...
My nausea is getting worse.  Ugh.  Vitamins ruin me every single time.  6 more weeks, 6 more weeks, 6 more weeks.  I can do it!  Also this is when I start questioning my intention to do this 1 or 2 more times after this!
thanks ladies! Michelleepotter:  I'm pretty lucky in the OB department, I've had the same one since before my 2nd baby and she fully supported me having a VBAC, she was even (unofficially) supportive of me having an HBAC, citing I should do what makes me comfortable, which was nice becasue she was on vacation for a couple weeks and I told her sub and she told me I was irresponsible and negligent of my children for considering a homebirth.  I learned to only see my OB...
Mine started about a week ago (I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow).  It's mostly at night, and I've actually thrown up this time around, which is rare.  With my first I was nauseated a lot, but never threw up, with #2 it was intense 'cause he was a twin, but I never threw up.  This one is at night and I throw up, but there are other reasons.  (I had WLS a year ago, so things are changed.) I just try to stay still and stay hydrated.  Today was a little different though, I was...