or Connect

Posts by Dea

Sarah Lynn, I hope you don't think I was implying that you should suck it up. I don't believe that at all. I used to think that with anxiety/ depression and such that you could just suck it up, but then I watched my brother spiral into a horrible depression, anyhow I've learned a lot. I hope you can get the help you need! So Hudson's fever broke, he had it for 3 days! There is no rash, and no other symptoms that we can tell. he might have a headache or a sore...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin It really is. Especially because I started to feel soo normal on them. A social butterfly like I'd never been. And now I'm back to cringing when I have to make a phone call and panicking when I have to do things alone or with people I don't know. Do you have anxiety problems? I read this and though, whoa, it's me! I don't take anything for it, just force myself thought it (so not really all that bad)...
Mamas! I want to cry! My husband's cousin posted on her facebook page that she's tired because she's letting her baby CIO and she's teething. That poor baby. I just said don't CIO, I suspect that will cause a shit storm. But how could I not say something? (and that took a lot of restraint to not totally lose it) UGH! I can't really say much more, she's a L&D nurse, so she knows all about raising children! And her friends are nurses so they know too! And her mom...
Rynna, I agree about the reading. I'm going to have an early reader, which is logical because Adam and I were both reading before 3.... We're both pretty intelligent people. I agree that I won't sit and force letters down her throat, but on the other hand she loves to learn them, and it's part of our play. I went to a meeting about some alternative schools in the area. I learned that while Montessori and Waldorf are great, I think that I am firmly in the...
It's sad and scary how much is demanded of children now a days. Children at this age should play, if they learn through play, that's great! Over a year ago there was a lot of chat in my playgroup about preschools and what they needed for pre recs. (yeah at 18 mos) and I was appalled that Trixie was already considered so far behind. The class she would have gone into a year ago was level 4 which was pre math and pre reading. (I have no idea what that means...) Then...
Hi everyone! Hudson is pukey as ever. Adam's pushing to start the zantac and I reeeeealllyyyy don't want to. I have given him rice cereal, but the leaky gut thing freaks me out too Lauren. AHHH. I figure that rice cereal is pretty benign, (the whole reason I loathe it as a food, but I guess at this point?) I dunno. I agree, perhaps more of a laundry thing. I worry about damage, but as someone suggested on LWAB if there was damage he'd let me know. So I think I'll...
Thanks everyone. I didn't consider that if there was damage he'd let me know. We tried cereal a couple of times. He enjoys it. (he's a funny little guy) It kills me a little every time I give him some, I haven't noticed a difference. I figured it might take a while? EmilyVorpe, please don't feel bad, I don't think Hudson's reflux is severe, if it was, I'd put him on meds. There is a time and place for them, so I think you did the right thing. I feel that I"m...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bokonon Is the spitting up the only symptom? How is his weight gain? Is he on formula? Have you tried dairy-free? My son was an epic spitter and it just kind of resolved itself around 6 months. He was exclusively breastfed. His weight is good, he's a chubby boy. I'm wary to put him on a soy formula, so we haven't gone dairy free. I didn't think it was reflux because he's gaining weight and his happy and...
My 5 mos old has reflux. He isn't in pain, but there is a lot of spitting up, a lot. With every bottle. (I can't breastfeed--sigh) So my ped said I can either start him on zantac or start him on solids. neither option sounds good to me. I really like baby lead solids, which I did with my toddler and it worked out well. what would you do?
hello! I went skating with Trixie today and she was so good at it. Also the adorable was pretty high! Hudson's well baby visit was the other day and I asked the ped about his constant spitting up, with every bottle, several times after each bottle. He says that it's reflux, but Hudson's not in pain, but he says that there isn't always pain. Soooo... I can either start him on zantac or start him on solids. I'm not keen on either, but I don't want to do nothing...