or Connect

Posts by Dea

My DD had a really bad rash post hospital too. I rinsed her wee bum under running water with every diaper change and blotted her off and then let her air dry, it took a little while but it cleared up. If I couldn't do that I used Herb Lore's salve which was amazing. Before that I tried every diaper ointment and non worked well. I've also used corn starch baby powder, but I'll put it on my hand, away from the baby's face and apply it that way.
APPLECORE!!! Happy birthday! I hope your day gets better! I agree with NOS, although I've only been in my 30s for 10 months so far they've treated me really well!!! So silly me, I've embroiled myself in an argument re:vaxes and autism. Oh dear.... Some day I will learn to keep my opinions to myself! I feel less freaked out about my rebellious uterus today. Hopefully the doctor can fix it all and Trixie's sibling(s) will arrive on my schedule (HA!). If not...
Sophie, I've read all of this stuff on Autism, and I remember stuff I've read, just not where I found it, which makes me sound totaly suspect, which I understand. Mostly I read it for my own reasons and I don't document where I found the info, but I will see if I can retrace some of my steps... From what I understand (and I could totally have it wrong) autism can improve with age, through treatment and growing up. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by lisavark Flapjack and Nausicaamom, on the subject of evening sleep, here's what I've been trying... I've been researching all sorts of fascinating things about sleep and babies, and I was amazed to learn that in a lot of cultures, they don't bother with bedtime routines. Italy and Guatemala were the two places I remember. They just let the babies and children hang out with the adults till the kids collapse in somebody's...
Christina! I wanted to go for coffee/ tea but it was late and Trixie was sleeping. Maybe could a coffee night happen during a different night? Anyhow we bought Sophie the Giraffe at Tiny Tots in Campbell. Anyhow regarding Autisim. I don't dispute that there are any vaccinated related diagnoses, but I do dispute that there are as many as some would like us to believe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism this is just a wikipedia page and about half way down it says:...
MAMAS! Hi! Page 4! We rock! Helen! I am so sorry that everything is shambles for you right now! I will think of your Uncle in law.... AlwaysByMySide YAY for multi quote! How do you do it? Anyhow I have a green smoothie nearly everyday! I love them! I use spinnach or kale, and I learned the hard way not to use too much kale because the fiber in it will turn it gelatinous! I also learned that mustard greens are not good in a green smoothie! UGH! So on the...
I think I agree with Sophie and Christina.... I thought that the presentation was sensatonalist and too dumbed down. But I understand that he had to condense a lot of information into a much shorter period of time. Personally, I really wish he wouldn't have spent so much time talking about Autism, I've read so much that disproves what he says, and I feel that he just didn't do the topic of Autism and vaxes justice. I think there are many more factors that he didn't...
Thanks everyone for the carriers choices! I'm still at odds as to what to get, but I have some better ideas now. I just wish that a wrap was quicker and eaiser to put on, 'cause I love how they feel and Trixie seems to love them too! applecore I'm so shocked that someone who would want a midwife would be so judgmental! UGH! Sigh, some people eh?
We use Born free bottles and they seems to work really well. Just remember to not screw the lids on too tight so that there can be air flow.
Oh I might be the dissenter here... I want to get pregnant as soon as I can, unfortuantly I have some fertility issues that we are slogging through now. We're hoping to be pregnant by the end of the year. I have a 5 month old now. I am a SAHM and finances aren't an issue, I can't breastfeed so losing my milk isn't a concern now (rather the opposite I might be able to breastfeed the next baby.) so I think now could be a good time for us. I agree though, if you have...